Information on NCL Spirit

Owenred

Hey,

Me and the other half are booked on Spirit in March 18 and was aware it went under a short dry dock in January this year, I was wondering if anyone has been on Spirit recently (Jan 17 onwards) has it had many updates? Are the rooms still quite "dated".

Does anyone have any pictures of the rooms? (recent ones)

Many thanks

Owen

Dated?! I never thought that the rooms were dated and I cruised a couple of years ago.

My understanding is that they haven't changed a lot just freshened it up a bit :)

The spirit is my favourite cruise ship by a million miles so I really hope that they haven't changed too much. Definitely wouldn't say that it ever was dated though. I know it was an older ship but I really loved the design of it. It is so much more spacious than some of the newer ships, that atrium is just gorgeous!

I could talk about the spirit for ages but I won't fill up this box and bore you all! If you fancy learning a little about her history and seeing some photos (from pre dry dock, haven't been since sadly) then check this out http://cruisingisntjustforoldpeople.co.uk/2016/10/15/ncls-norwegian-spirit-my-favourite-cruise-ship/

Hope thats of interest to you :)

• 3 weeks later...

We were on the Spirit 3 weeks ago, and yes, the cabin furnishings and colours were very garish and dated, but they were clean, comfortable and perfectly fine. It seems like the bathrooms have new walls (i.e. the horrible fish tiles I saw in photos are gone).

Best feature of the ship is the wonderful 3 deck outdoor area at the back of the buffet. We spent a lot of time there and it was fabulous.

We were on the Spirit from May 4th to May 18th, and because of some negative posts here on CruiseCritic regarding

the ship looking "tired and run down", I expected the worst. All though that cruise would be our third cruise on the Spirit (first one in 2009, second time in 2014), I told my DH to just remember that we chose this cruise because of the itinerary and not because of the ship, and that since the recent dry-dock was cut short to expect the ship to look "old" and not as well maintained as we were used to.

But I was actually pleasantly surprised - the state of the ship didn't look bad at all. Yes, the decor and design is very different from other ships in the NCL fleet, but the ship certainly seemed well maintained and nice and clean. No reason to worry, all though it is the smallest ship in the fleet, so not very much to do on board on a sea day....

Just remember - any day on a cruise beats any day at the office... ;)

Similar to one of the previous posts we love the Spirit and have been on her 5 or 6 times , we were on the 2016 Xmas and New Year cruises B2B which was immediately prior to it Dry Dock which I think was in Cadiz from what crew members were telling us it was just going to be a quick freshen up , new carpets curtains etc. We shall be on her again for Xmas 2017.

I was in the Spirit between April and May 2017 sailing through the Mediterranean, the cabin was quite old, with cracked cabinets and broken chair but it was comfortable and clean and organized. The ship is small and there are not many activities on browsing days. Taking off some negative points the ship is reasonable

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Forums mobile app