POM to FLL NCL Shuttle

I just saw on a Daily that NCL offers a shuttle from POM to FLL. I think it was $25.00 per person to take the shuttle. Has anyone done this? With it being the busiest travel day of the year, or close to it, (Sunday after Thanksgiving), I'm all about convenience at this point, I see that I can get a much better deal if I do Uber or another shuttle company. So for those who have done the NCL shuttle to airports:

1. Do you meet somewhere on the ship and go to the shuttle? or do you have to go through customs and all that and then find the shuttle at the port?

2. What is the vehicle used? A bus, a van? does it depend on the number of people?

3. Does NCL take into consideration the flight times and airlines, for example, three of us are going on American and two are going on SW.

If the NCL shuttle is the WORST IDEA EVER, what are my other options for five people (two of us are elderly) from POM to FLL? I'm asking these questions mostly for my parents who are not as mobile as most and just want to get off the ship and to a shuttle by the easiest means possible.

Thanks so much in advance!

I've done the shuttles before and they work just fine. They are waiting for you right outside the terminal exit, you can't miss them.

The only issue you may have is if you have a very early flight as the buses don't leave until they are full. Otherwise, it's convenient and easy peasy.

Thank you! I think that's what we are looking for. You say they are busses? Like coach busses or very large vans? (Asking for mom, she walks with a cane). My flight is at 2:30 (or something like that, so plenty of time)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you! I think that's what we are looking for. You say they are busses? Like coach busses or very large vans? (Asking for mom, she walks with a cane). My flight is at 2:30 (or something like that, so plenty of time)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Regular coach style buses, not vans.

• 5 months later...

The shuttles are really a nightmare when it comes to getting your baggage at the terminal. I highly recommend you take a cab or UBER. We had our luggage loaded first into the "transport" vehicle then had to sit on the bus for close to an hour to get the rest of the luggage loaded. Then had to wait at the airport for them to unload all of the luggage to get ours. Not a good plan as far as we were concerned. So we now use a taxi.

Does the ship offer pre-flight luggage check-in ON BOARD? If it does the the luggage issue isn't one and with as much time to board as the OP claims it isn't much of an issue either. Now, you can get an Uber and rush to FLL and THEN what?

we have done the POM to FLL several times. I usually book ahead with a private transportation service. Runs about $100 for 4 of us (plus gratuity), which is equivalent to the shuttle cost, without the hassle of the shuttle. You would probably need a larger vehicle, so might run you a little more. We have been pleased with our service and I have actually used several different ones. There is a listing under the POM or FLL website, I believe. Make sure you get one that can go to FLL----the airport has restrictions (charges users a fee or something, which is why you need one that already has approval.)