Allure: Crown Loft to Sky Loft Upgrade: Opinions Welcome!

I've been offered an upgrade from an ocean view crown loft to a sky loft on an allure sailing. The price is $3000 (four adults would be upgrading). I've been offered either 1718 or 1720. Would welcome opinions on the value of the upgrade (I know it's subjective, but still), and opinions on the pros and cons of each sky loft. Thank you in advance.

Having been in both the crown loft and the sky loft I would definitely go for the upgrade! You will be also upgraded from sky class to the star class level and have a personal genie, unlimited specialty restaurants, unlimited drinks all included. The check in process is wonderful and you will be taken right to your room with your luggage. I believe it is well worth the money at what you've been offered. Just to clarify however it is $3000 total for the four of you? Because I would (obviously) not do it for 12,000. And then finally regarding the sky loft suite to choose we like 1718 because the room layout is better upstairs and you have a better Sideview. The balcony is much larger on 1720 and you look out over the golf course, but I felt the upstairs bedroom was much more cramped on 1720.

But of course the Crown loft suites are also wonderful if you choose to remain with your original booking.

Good luck with your decision and I'm sure you'll have a wonderful cruise which ever way you choose.

Steve

Just wondering what the cost would have been before this offer.

I have never been lucky enough to get a true upgrade, only the upsell like you have been offered.

And for us it was only a mere GS to CL1. last time for $600 total for 3 adults.

But, if it were me, I will suffer and have to take it...................................:rolleyes:

Safe travels

Thank you for the replies. It is $3000 total for all four of us. Can anyone let me know whether the first floor indoor space in 1718 is larger than in 1720? I appreciate the comments about the upstairs indoor space, wondering if same applies to the first floor.

Thank you for the replies. It is $3000 total for all four of us. Can anyone let me know whether the first floor indoor space in 1718 is larger than in 1720? I appreciate the comments about the upstairs indoor space, wondering if same applies to the first floor.

First floor space is larger in 1720 than 1718. The upstairs for both levels is comparable. We always stay in 1720 and only once in 1718.

Thanks all. Looks like I'm going to confirm 1720. Appreciate all the quick feedback, hope to return the favor some day.

A will also note that even though the 1720 balcony faces aft it rocks over 1718. Enjoy it.

I will have to agree with Andrew's statement about the balcony.

It is larger than most rooms on the ship!

I know you'll have a great time and will enjoy all the upgrades that go along with the suite.

Steve

I like the upstairs bedroom window in 1720, and the sofa that divides the living and dining areas, instead of being up against a wall. Its a little thing, but it makes the room feel larger. Also like that in addition to the aft view balcony, you have the side view as well.