tampa hotels

kimmimom

I know this has been talked about before, but now that i have booked airfare for 5 RT from RDU to Tampa for less than $500, we know more what we are doing. I would love a hotel that has free shuttle from airport to hotel and free shuttle from hotel to pier. I want a clean, safe hotel, but it doesn't have to be 5*. Our flight gets in at 9:30 PM and we cruise the next day, so we won't be there long anyway.

Thanks!

We stayed here in September and the accomodations were nice --- conveniently located near the Port, and they did have a shuttle to

the port. I don't know about airport to port shuttle--I was driving my

car and did not need to explore that option.

Comfort Inn Airport at RJ Stadium (FL724)

4732 N. Dale Mabry , Tampa, FL, US, 33614 Phone: (813) 874-6700 Fax: (813) 876-1531

http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/en-US/html/HotelInfo?sid=PTeVM.DjxFggXRq.4&hotel=FL724&sarea=85937&sname=Tampa&sstate=FL&scountry=US&sradius=40.22&slat=27.947599411010742&slon=-82.45790100097656&schain=CI&exp=&scity=Tampa&sort=&month=11&day=28&depart_month=11&depart_day=29&nadult=1&nchild=0

we stayed in ameriasuites tampa westshore.. also includes all what you wanted.

(but becareful because some hotels charge for that shuttle to the pier.. and its crowed. Some people opt to take a cab instead of waiting for the free shuttle

We're staying ast the Residence Inn Downtown Tampa before our 2/26/06 cruise. There are 5 of us and Residence Inn offered a 2 bedroom suite for $169.00. All other hotels only offered 2 rooms at anywhere from $79+ per room, so we felt that this was a good deal. They don't offer airport to Hotel shuttle, but they do have a free shuttle to the pier. I've found that the hotels either offer Airport to Hotel or Hotel to Pier, but not both. I did find a shuttle service that charges $12/person from the Airport to the downtown hotels or pier. They are located at

www.tampabayshuttle.com. Taxis are only $18 from the airport to the downtown hotels.

I know this has been talked about before, but now that i have booked airfare for 5 RT from RDU to Tampa for less than $500, we know more what we are doing. I would love a hotel that has free shuttle from airport to hotel and free shuttle from hotel to pier. I want a clean, safe hotel, but it doesn't have to be 5*. Our flight gets in at 9:30 PM and we cruise the next day, so we won't be there long anyway.

Thanks!

I would strongly recommend "Chase Suites". For your family of 5 you could get a 2 bedroom two bath suite. Not only will they pick you up at the airport and provide transportation to the pier, after your cruise they will pick you up and take you back to the airport. Price includes a breakfast buffet with coffee, milk, juice, cereal, fruit, donuts, bagels, toast, muffins and make your own waffles. When I booked I called the hotel to make sure the transportation was included. I found their customer service to be very helpful. Have a wonderful cruise

http://www.woodfinsuitehotels.com/tampa/specials/index.cfm?Refresh=1&&CFID=6173188&CFTOKEN=98439947

For my Veendam cruise Oct. 29-Nov. 12, I stayed at the SpringHill Suites near the airport. They have a free shuttle from the airport; a lovely free breakfast; very nice rooms (microwave, refrig, 2 TVS, couch, chair ottoman, sink outside bathroom, etc. )It would be great for a family. I stayed as a single for a couple days pre.....

For transport to the pier I called BayShuttle. They picked me up at the hotel and took me to the pier in about 15 minutes--by myself in a van. On the return, I called when I got to the curb outside terminal 6 and they were there to pick me up in about 10 minutes (two other cruise ships were also there that same day). I had the shuttle all to myself on the return to the airport ($9). For a solo traveler, it is the way to go. Taxi would be atleast $20 one way.

Didn't know it at the time, but there were 80-90 other cruisers staying in that same hotel that night. Many were being loaded onto a large coach for their ride to the pier. They were still sitting on it when I walked by on my way to check-in at the pier.

The area that some talked about right next to the pier--it looked really nice as I looked at it from the deck of the Veendam. I would probably do that location if I had points to use or went through Priceline.

Happy hunting and enjoy your cruise out of Tampa!:cool: Deb C.

Deb C. - Did you book that after you arrived in Tampa for stay at the Springhill Suites or did you book it before? We are staying there this weekend and have the transfers with Hal booked, but for the price you got the transfer to the pier sounds like it might be better. Will lose the Hal transfer money but the hassel to go back to the airport might be worth it.

Deb, good info, we were glad you liked Spring hill, so they do have a good breakfast, more than just cherios and toast. We have 5 and baby going there. We priced alot of shuttles but even at $9,p/p I have a quote from yellow cab of $20 x 2 for cabs to port. For all of us I quess thats is still the way. :)

BOARDS:You will need to call and reserve the shuttle by 2pm of the day before you need it. I don't know how strict they are, but I followed those directions. I also made a return reservation and they gave me a confirmation number which I couldn't find as I was standing on the curb at the pier, but they picked me up anyway. When you return, just tell you porter to take you to BayShuttle pick-up. He made sure I was at the correct place before he unloaded all my luggage from his cart. Very considerate of him!!

The cost used to be $9 but was told it would be going up. Now get this--- they charged me $11.which I expected and willing to pay to go to the pier and then when I returned, the driver asked me for only $9. Maybe with gas prices going down, they lowered the cost while I was on the cruise. WHO KNOWS!!??

You could always use your already paid HAL vouchers on the return at the end of your cruise to return to the airport.

Colton's Dad: Sounds like a taxi or a reserved van would be the best for your situation. And yes, the breakfast was very good...eggs, bacon, make your own pancakes, cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, oatmeal,etc. The lady in charge is very nice and loves her job. I complimented her attitude and helpfulness. The lobby and dining area share a fireplace. Nice lobby although small. The eating area can get crowded at times. It has a TV also there. They don't mind if you take the food to go either if that would be necessary with the baby (back to the room, etc.)

There is a Shell gas station 1 block from the hotel. I picked up soft drinks to take on the cruise with me. There is also Subway there to pick up a meal if necessary (not sure if you have a car of not.)

FYI: The first group off the ship were the independents that carried their own luggage off...they left at 8:45. I was in the last bunch and was called at 9:59. I stayed in my cabin until departure with no problem. They did a good job as far as I could tell.

Hope you all have a great cruise! Deb:cool:

P.S. The motel van is also available for transportation to restaurants, shopping within a couple miles from the hotel. I didn't use it, but I was made aware that it was available. Nice drivers and staff at the hotel.

You may also want to try Sailport Suites on the ocean. They charge a flat $119 for the suite and provide transportation from the airport, to the cruise port and then will pick you up on your return trip and drop you off at the airport again. You do not have to spend any extra $ on transportation at all. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Archived