Carnival Vista Steakhouse

Jthomasou

This is our first time on the Vista. In the past on the Dream, my wife and I have made steakhouse reservations after looking at the MDR menu for the night. The Steakhouse was rarely full.

Does the Steakhouse on Vista fill up faster? Do reservations need to be made ahead of the cruise

This is our first time on the Vista. In the past on the Dream, my wife and I have made steakhouse reservations after looking at the MDR menu for the night. The Steakhouse was rarely full.

Does the Steakhouse on Vista fill up faster? Do reservations need to be made ahead of the cruise

There is a difference in you going and seeing empty tables and whether they will book anyone else.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Just off Vista. We showed up to the steakhouse on embarkation day and easily made a reservation for later that night. They are still offering the free bottle of wine (or a 50% discount on any bottle) the first night and the first elegant night. We haven't had a problem (yet) booking the steakhouse for the night.

It seemed rather empty almost every night on our cruise at the end of April. Don't think it will be a problem.

Something I also thought when we last went there. We had reservations for 8:00....we went down to the SH about 7:15....hoping we could "lucky" and go in a bit earlier....when I asked the hostess, she said no...they were booked, we'd have to come back at our reservation time. Looking around the SH at mostly empty tables, she assured me those were "reserved". We came back at our reservation time, promptly seated, and those same empty tables were still empty, and stayed that way throughout the time we were there enjoying our meal. This was night relatively early in the cruise. We tried later in the cruise to make reservations for earlier times, to be told they were booked, until 8:30 and later, we declined, but went by the steakhouse at those earlier booked times, only to yet again see empty tables.

Some here think Carnival does not have the staff in the steakhouse to accommodate all or most of the tables in the steakhouse. Others suggest those table were held with reservations that ended up being noshows. Either way makes little sense. And please, hang onto the yet another Carnival cut back, roll back cost reductions dissertations, seems it would make little sense to allocate the space and factor in the costs of the steakhouse during ships construction, only to not staff it.