Confused on pricing

I'm looking at the Harmony sailing on April 19, 2019. Says it starts at $698 per person. Okay.

When I tell them it's for 3 guests and go to click on interior, the price jumps up to $710 per person.

Go to the next screen and the price jumps up to $789 per person.

By the time I'm done I'm up to $2367 or $2661 with taxes and fees. That's a far cry from starting out at $698 as advertised. I thought the third person would bring the price down. I never changed the date or deck, just what it automatically spit out at me. How come with each screen the price keeps going up?

i have yet to see any 'linear' pricing. of course the advertised price is virtually always the 'guarantee' cabin. and im pretty sure RCL has per person pricing but im not an expert here. i do know they dont have the 'everyday' 3/4th passenger free that NCL regularly has. i also know any 'sale' they do have is really not a sale. its just word play. 3rd day free. 30% off etc. it's all the same math.

I don't believe the advertised price includes taxes and fees. That's a rule for airlines but not sure it's one for cruise lines? Anyway - that part doesn't surprise me.

The other increase may be because you are not eligible for the guaranteed room for 2 that would be their lowest rate. If you only do 2 people - do you get the advertised rate?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The "from" pricing is always for double occupancy cabins. It's always for the lowest priced cabin on the sailing.

So, if you're looking at 3 people, the price will be higher because cabins holding 3 or 4 are priced higher. If you're looking at anything other than a guarantee or the lowest priced inside, the price will be higher. If you're looking at a sailing other than the lowest cost sailing that they are quoting, your price is going to be higher.

They don't put out pricing for each sailing and each configuration of cabins in every advertisement. So you have to go through the booking engine and put in your particular needs and get your pricing from that.

Don't forget to put in your state of residence, whether you have a senior in the cabin and any other particulars (firefighter, EMT, military) to get the best rates.

I'm looking at the Harmony sailing on April 19, 2019. Says it starts at $698 per person. Okay.

When I tell them it's for 3 guests and go to click on interior, the price jumps up to $710 per person.

Go to the next screen and the price jumps up to $789 per person.

By the time I'm done I'm up to $2367 or $2661 with taxes and fees. That's a far cry from starting out at $698 as advertised. I thought the third person would bring the price down. I never changed the date or deck, just what it automatically spit out at me. How come with each screen the price keeps going up?

Just for your info, I've looked at the specs and the actual date of sail is April 14, 2019. As some have suggested the higher pricing is due to the cabin being able to accommodate more than 2 Pax. Very slight pricing difference to the add'l Pax. If you proceed to the pricing at only 2 Paxs, it comes to $698 + $89 (tax), as advertised.

I encountered a similar problem when trying to book Harmony for Easter '19. The pricing for a CP balcony was some $800 more than a similar cabin on Allure for Easter '18. The main difference was a higher cruise fare for the 3 & 4th Pax. Difference is $500 per in '18 vs $157 in '19