Aurora review to the Fjords

Thanks for your review. It was indeed very fair. Aurora is one of my favourites in the P&O fleet as I prefer smaller ships. I am looking forward to boarding her this weekend bound for the Baltics. It is almost 5 years since I was on her and I am looking forward to seeing the changes made in the last refit.

Thank you for your balanced review. Aurora was the first P&O ship we went on, to the fjords, after a long break away from cruising and I loved her. We are back on her this summer, having since been on Azura and Britannia, which I prefer in that order. Having read some recent reviews, I have been having the odd qualm about whether we would have such a good cruise this time, but I'm reassured, so thank you very much.

Thank you for your balanced review. Aurora was the first P&O ship we went on, to the fjords, after a long break away from cruising and I loved her. We are back on her this summer, having since been on Azura and Britannia, which I prefer in that order. Having read some recent reviews, I have been having the odd qualm about whether we would have such a good cruise this time, but I'm reassured, so thank you very much.

You are most welcome and she is indeed a lovely ship and in my opinion a wonderful cruise awaits you. Don't have the odd qualm about her as there is no need 😊

Thanks for your review. It was indeed very fair. Aurora is one of my favourites in the P&O fleet as I prefer smaller ships. I am looking forward to boarding her this weekend bound for the Baltics. It is almost 5 years since I was on her and I am looking forward to seeing the changes made in the last refit.

I'm glad my review was fair, have a wonderful cruise :)

Thank you for the good review. We are sailing on Aurora for the first time in June having been on Oceana and Ventura so will be interested to see how Aurora compares.

I have been on Ventura but not on a cruise and obviously the Aurora is smaller and to me seemed to be more elegant. Enjoy yourselves in June :)

We were on that cruise and really enjoyed it. I liked the two films mentioned but the singer and comedian were not my taste. I suppose that is why P and O have a range of entertainment choices. We loved Anderson and were pleased with the prompt service. I do not know what I would have done if somebody asked me to move. I did not notice any abuse of the dress code but them I am not sure how it applies in the bars and theatre. In Olden we walked to the village and up the valley. It was much nicer than the petrol station, shops and busy road by the ship. One of my favourite cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on that cruise and really enjoyed it. I liked the two films mentioned but the singer and comedian were not my taste. I suppose that is why P and O have a range of entertainment choices. We loved Anderson and were pleased with the prompt service. I do not know what I would have done if somebody asked me to move. I did not notice any abuse of the dress code but them I am not sure how it applies in the bars and theatre. In Olden we walked to the village and up the valley. It was much nicer than the petrol station, shops and busy road by the ship. One of my favourite cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As I said in my review it was a lovely ship and great cruise. I'm glad you enjoyed it as we did.

Which seat were you occupying in Andersons when the old chap asked you to move? I shall make sure that I sit in it when we are on Aurora next week, in case he's done another back to back! Quite unbelievable!

Which seat were you occupying in Andersons when the old chap asked you to move? I shall make sure that I sit in it when we are on Aurora next week, in case he's done another back to back! Quite unbelievable!

As you walk in to Andersons there is a freestanding wall in front of you with wine bottles and flowers on. Turn to the left and it's the very first couch right in front of you. Going by memory I think it's either blue or grey.

We couldn't believe he asked such a thing and if he had been more polite we may have moved but not without at least a please.

Have a good cruise :)

We fancy this cruise but we're wondering if you sailed into Flam ot tendered? I have heard that it is pot luck with Flam. Great review

We have been twice in the last year to Flam on Aurora and the Britannia and docked both times.

Hope that helps :)

I have just read your review thank you for such a balanced report. It was good to read some positive things about the ship as we are considering a 25 night round trip from Southampton on her. Desperately trying to make up our minds between Aurora and Adonia.

I have just read your review thank you for such a balanced report. It was good to read some positive things about the ship as we are considering a 25 night round trip from Southampton on her. Desperately trying to make up our minds between Aurora and Adonia.

Thanks for that :)

All I can say is Aurora is a lovely ship and the promenade deck is truly superb. The public rooms are furnished to a very high standard indeed. The only real drawback that caused us a problem at times was the rather small Costa. We did struggle to get a seat a few times but we accepted that and went our happy way to other venues. I would cruise on her tomorrow if I could. It's very easy to get seats in the Crows Nest regardless of when you go.