Is bottomless bubbles worth it?

My brother got it last cruise and it didn't seem worth it. Keep in mind that when a bottomless bubbles person orders a coke they open up the can and pour 3/4 of it into a glass with ice. They save the last 1/4 of the can for the next bottomless bubbles purchaser. I got an entire can just plain ordering a soda. I don't like that about the program.

Edited by brepri_h
typo

So if you have Bottomless Bubbles, you are still required to buy Pop at the restaurants, even the dining rooms?

No, it would be covered under the program. They were answering a question about just purchasing a soda.

My brother got it last cruise and it didn't seem worth it. Keep in mind that when a bottomless bubbles person orders a coke they open up the can and pour 3/4 of it into a glass with ice. They save the last 1/4 of the can for the next bottomless bubbles purchaser. I got an entire can just plain ordering a soda. I don't like that about the program.

Do you know if they do this same thing with the sodas if you have the Cheers program? Or will they give you the whole can and not pour it into a glass? I've read different things on the boards, and they seem to contradict each other. Thanks

We were also thinking of bringing the individual packets of Crystal Light - my daughter and I love the peach mango ones and my husband likes the iced tea. This is our first CCL cruise but I have heard that some people don't like the iced tea available at the buffet, so some packets of Crystal Light might be a good back up option. My boys like to drink Gatorade when they are doing sports and such in the hot sun, so buying some of the Gatorade powder and filling a ziploc baggie of it might be a good idea too.

We are all pretty resourceful! I don't want to pay $50 for soda for myself if I don't have to - I would rather spend the money elsewhere and just buy a Diet Coke if I really want one.

Yeah if you have a tea solution you like, do it. I'm not much of a complainer (somewhere my DW just rolled her eyes) and I'm not really very picky (I think she might have lost an eyeball in the back of her head on that one) BUT Carnival iced tea is pretty bad. And I drink it unsweet. I've read that half and half tea with lemonade is pretty OK though. I might try it next cruise but, frankly,. we don't go to Lido much. MDR at night and lunch in port or at Pizza/Guy's/Deli...

I like that Hawaiian Punch idea though - it might go good in a Bubba Mug of vodka. ;)

It's been a few years since my last cruise but the only way to make the lido deck tea drinkable then was to mix with lemonade and it's was only acceptable then. Was hoping they changed by now but apparently it's the same still. For those considering bringing packets for the water, I stumbled upon the Arnold Palmer half and half by Arizona and they are the best mix I've had. At 5 calories each they are even quite lite. Save those calories for more desserts!

We all like the Arnold Palmer - I didn't know it came in powdered form so going to have to give that a try before our trip and see if it works for everyone.

Anyone know howcit works if someone has Bottomless Bubbles and brings their own mug? Would they pour ice and a full can of two into the onsulated mug so they wouldn't have to keep serving tiny little drinks to the same person all day? It would seem to make sense to do it because at a busy bar time is money.

That will be a bummer if the iced tea is gross, I love good iced tea. Guess I will be on my big mug of iced coffee from Lido all morning, and water with my little mix packets in the afternoon.

I am not a Coke drinker so I didn't want to spend the money on BB when I don't care for that anyway, then reading here how they don't have it on tap and use warm cans is what decided it for me. We brought our own 12 packs of Pepsi on and I am so glad that we did. It worked out really well to have a soda whenever I wanted it. I brought a water bottle with straw along and poured a couple Pepsis in it before leaving the room. I attached it to my purse with a carabiner and I didn't have to worry about carrying it around.

Even with a mug you only get one soda at a time. They will either give you a glass of soda with ice( you pour into your mug) or I have seen them take the mug and add ice and soda from a can, but not more than 1 can at a time.

And as a person who loves ice tea I can verify that the Carnival ice tea is Not Good. I like my tea plain, no sugar or lemon and it is hard to drink.

DH and I have 2 individual Zojirushi SM-SA60-Rw Stainless Steel Mugs/thermos that we take on cruises. We can get coffee in the buffet or cold drinks and it stays to temp for hours and has a locking ability so it does not spill. Got them on Amazon

Got Cheers for my and DW, and BB for the kids. Cheers was well worth it. For us, BB was a waste of money, but at least it didn't cost much.

The problem with BB is that it does not include water and milk and juice and shakes. My fault for not doing my research!

The thing with the Bottomless Bubbles, is that it all depends if you want/can bring packs of pop. For me, I fly in and take the shuttle to the ports and our hotel has never been no where near anywhere to buy packs of soda. Plus of I don't drink it all what am I going to do with the left overs? I can't bring it home. So the BB is better for me, plus I do like mixing orange juice with Sprite every so often to mix it up.......

I would rather spend a little extra and have the soda waiting for me in the cabin. I don't need to buy it at the store, bring it home, pack it in a suitcase, put it in the car, take it out of the car, and then lug it around for several hours (and potentially a great walking distance) all to save a few bucks - oh, and do that while pushing my mother's wheelchair.

I've not seen soda that low. Even here in Canada - on sale it's at least $4 CDN for a 12 pack.

Actually Target frequently has it on sale for 4 for $10 or sometimes even 5 for $10

There is another option, if you can get by for a week without soda pop. My wife will sometimes buy the Crystal Light single packets, and I will sometimes buy the Hawaiian Punch single packets. We take our 16 oz.Tervis tumblers, get water and ice from the beverage station, and mix in a packet of whichever flavor packet we want. Cheaper than sodas, and easier to pack. clear.png?emoji-wink-1685

Excellent reminder . . . we use the Crystal Light 2 qt packets all the time at home. I was totally prepared to buy BB until I read though this thread, and the use of the single packets of any number of brands of beverages is spot on!

I would rather spend a little extra and have the soda waiting for me in the cabin. I don't need to buy it at the store, bring it home, pack it in a suitcase, put it in the car, take it out of the car, and then lug it around for several hours (and potentially a great walking distance) all to save a few bucks - oh, and do that while pushing my mother's wheelchair.

I've not seen soda that low. Even here in Canada - on sale it's at least $4 CDN for a 12 pack.

Totally agree with you. Who wants to lug around stuff to save a few bucks? And you're right the cheapest in Ottawa I have seen is $3 for a pack of 12.

Personally I would buy the bottomless just for the convenience factor. I would find it tiresome going back and forth to my cabin every time I wanted a soda. I'd rather stop at the many bars.

I get bottomless bubbles each and every cruise. It is just easier to go to a bar and get a glass - last cruise I brought my tervis tumblers with me and they filled those. And after the first night in the dining room my servers always have my caffeine-free diet coke waiting for me at the table!

Personally I would buy the bottomless just for the convenience factor. I would find it tiresome going back and forth to my cabin every time I wanted a soda. I'd rather stop at the many bars.

This is my thought. If I'm out and about on the ship, I don't want to have to go all the way to the room to get a soda. Plus, sometimes I want to mix it up (if I'm getting sea sick and want a ginger ale) and I don't want to bring multiple different types of soda with me.

A couple of cruises ago I purchased BB and we had a bottle of Grey Goose in our cabin. DH drinks it on the rocks or straight up. I prefer vodka with tonic. The plan was to get the mixer, go back to cabin and make the drink. This lasted until day three! And, we were on deck 5 three minutes from the bar!

It was so annoying to keep going back and forth - for both of us. Plus, I was bored with the same drink over and over. Never again! We purchase Cheers and enjoy the simplicity of ordering what we want when we want it at a set price.

It all depends on how much you drink, IMO. For us, getting 12-packs of soda is more of a pain since we fly in. This last time, our friends who came with were driving, so they were able to bring two 12-packs for us. I didn't get it this time.

Now our son (13), he uses it a ton! It's cheaper for the kids too. He'll drink like 2-3 glasses at dinner. He doesn't drink soda usually, maybe an occasional sprite. But he'll drink the pineapple juice. So he will easily drink 5-6 in a day. That definitely makes it cheaper by having the BB card. And when we do have it, I probably drink more than normal. When I'm on the Lido deck and my soda gets watered down or warm, I just go get a new one.

Depends on how much Soda you drink. For me and my husband totally worth it. Just came off the pride last week. We each went to the bar for a Coke approx 8 times a day. It was almost always a shared can split between our two glasses. Only one bar on the pride served us fountain Coke so we tried to go there often it was best :)

Hi all,

It seems like you need to buy 4 sodas a day to make the bottomless bubbles package worth it, but I can't find any information about juice prices to compare. I also seem to recall that juice was available and included at breakfast so I'm wondering how much of a benefit this really is? I have a couple questions, thanks for your help!

• Does anyone know much juices are if you buy them without a bottomless bubbles plan and does this plan make different juices available than what's usually at breakfast?
  • Can you take a can of soda with you off the ship?
  • Does getting bottomless bubbles help with simple mixed drinks too? Say I want to drink a gin and tonic or rum and pineapple, do you have to pay more for the mixer if you don't have bottomless bubbles? :whiskey-glass:

For us, it is worth it because you don't get free refills at lunch and dinner. If you are run out of coke during dinner (it's just an 8 oz glass with coke and ice), you would have pay for another coke. My children do not necessarily drink four cokes a day, but they do usually get a refill during their meals. They also like to make coke floats with the soft serve ice cream and coke.

We all like the Arnold Palmer - I didn't know it came in powdered form so going to have to give that a try before our trip and see if it works for everyone.

That will be a bummer if the iced tea is gross, I love good iced tea. Guess I will be on my big mug of iced coffee from Lido all morning, and water with my little mix packets in the afternoon.

Snapple has a powder single serving version as well- I've only ever seen/purchased the diet lemon flavored (not sure if they make non-diet, peach, etc), but they are really good!

So can you bring any type? I thought just sparkling water in cans was allowed. If so, do you usually just put it in your luggage?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

It's cans or cartons (juice box for example), and it doesn't have to be carbonated.