Explorer of the Seas reservations

Last year My husband and I sailed on Allure of the Seas. It was my first time sailing with Royal Caribbean. I remember being able to book reservations for the different shows that they had. This year we are sailing on Explorer of the seas and so far (we are sailing in July), I haven't seen any shows listed at all. I'm assuming there is entertainment?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Last year My husband and I sailed on Allure of the Seas. It was my first time sailing with Royal Caribbean. I remember being able to book reservations for the different shows that they had. This year we are sailing on Explorer of the seas and so far (we are sailing in July), I haven't seen any shows listed at all. I'm assuming there is entertainment?

No pre-cruise entertainment reservations on Explorer.

Well that explains it then-thank you! Will there be reservations when we get on board or do we just show up a little early in hopes that we get a seat?

There are no onboard reservations for shows on Explorer, with the possible exception of the ice show. If there is some sort of ticket distribution method for the ice show, you will be notified on board. All other shows are first come, first served.

The large ships have reservations because there are just so many people. Typically you need to reserve the ice shows, you'll see signs for this. Enjoy, we're on Explorer next April from Sydney-Seattle.

No reservations needed for the shows in the Palace Theatre. For the ice show Spirits of the Seasons . Show times are assigned to muster stations. They have 4 shows with 4 shows for about 6 or 7 muster stations at a time

The shows are scheduled around the 2 traditional seating times. If you have early/main seating, you go to the show AFTER dinner. If you have late seating, you go BEFORE dinner. If you have MTD, it's up to you to eat at a time that allows you to see whichever show suits you best!

There are MANY ice show times...so that everyone gets a chance. If the show they tell you to go to isn't the one you want, go "standby"...there are always "no shows"!