Just off Harmony..... A few cons but mostly good

DW and I just got home on Sat from the Harmony. Ive been on Oasis and Allure a few times so I was expecting it to be the same ship but with a few new slides and other small changes. Well, we went to the Solarium for a nice quiet day for our first sea day and I come to find out that there is no pool there. They ditched the pool and put up some cheesy fake palm that spray's water when you push the button. To me, that is the only downfall of this ship. I missed hitting the pool and then catching some rays in this quiet environment. There is an adult only pool next to the others, but its just not the same.

We had a balcony cabin on deck 8 and the room seemed quite a bit bigger than the other ships. The showers were large too and there were two separate closets. We really liked the layout!

On side note - The day we did hang at the adult only pool there were two chair hogs who brought their stuff out about 9:30 am. We saw them come back once at around 11 for two minutes to check on their stuff ( big bad and clothes ...etc ) and left again. Then it got cloudy and started to pour and all their stuff got soaked.... :') good for them. Sorry to be bitter but so many people do this crap and don't even use the chairs.

I was curious about how people were feeling about the missing plunge (human soup) pool in the Solarium. I like having it there and it just seems odd to not have one. I bet they put one on Symphony....but we'll see soon enough.

A tiered pool like Anthem would be great. It seems kind of insane that they took the pool out of Harmony. I would just love to hear from the actual decision maker at Royal as to why they did that.

Will Symphony of the Seas have a pool in the Solarium?

Deck plans show what appears to be a pool in the Solarium on Symphony... but we'll see.

The lack of a solarium pool is the exact reason we booked off of Harmony.

I considered booking Allure instead, but Harmony has a bunch of other nice additions, I figured I'll check it out anyways.

Will Symphony of the Seas have a pool in the Solarium?

A few changes made to the Symphony of the Seas' Solarium. Hopefully it includes a pool. 😊

7996593a95452d0e79c176d429b67a2a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

The lack of a solarium pool is the exact reason we booked off of Harmony.

We sailed Harmony in November and actually didn't miss the Solarium pool and I can tell you that many others didn't miss it either.

I was wondering if you would be able to post the Cruise Compasses from your sailing... you were the first Eastern Caribbean sailing that included St. Kitts, and since I'm on the Harmony is just 10 short days, I would love to see the daily plans!!

Sounds like you had a wonderful cruise, minus the solarium pool, and glad that KARMA got those chair hogs!!:')

I was wondering if you would be able to post the Cruise Compasses from your sailing... you were the first Eastern Caribbean sailing that included St. Kitts, and since I'm on the Harmony is just 10 short days, I would love to see the daily plans!!

Sounds like you had a wonderful cruise, minus the solarium pool, and glad that KARMA got those chair hogs!!:')

YES, please put on line your cruise Compass, you are the first cruise with a stop to St-Kitts.

I agree the solarium on the Allure was nicer than Harmony. The reason being it was windier with more open slats than I recall on the Allure. But the best solarium is Anthem with the 3 tier walk in with benches pool. In fact I have been on two Oasis class ships and boy the Anthem of the seas is a real treat with the Two70 room and the Seaplex for sports. You can just walk in and listen to music and get great views of the water on upper level. To me I want the 4th Quantum ship to stay in the USA and NOT go to China.

I also did not care for the pink Abyss slide. About chair hogs, I cruise a lot and actually on these big ships it is easier to get a chair than on the mid size ships. I like to jump in pool then wander away to find a chair in a quieter part of the ship. Nice chairs in the back of the ship on the jogging trail. about 8-10 chairs and never crowded except for coming in and out of ports.

...Quick question for those recently on Harmony: Were there any Theme Nights such as 'White Night' where everyone wears white clothing...or that sort of thing?

no theme nights! formals are on 2nd, 5th night!

personally like this one more then the allure!!

I was curious about how people were feeling about the missing plunge (human soup) pool in the Solarium. I like having it there and it just seems odd to not have one. I bet they put one on Symphony....but we'll see soon enough.

Not having any sort of pool on the Harmony is a massive ball drop.