Escape - Food Republic

js

I would do Food Republic a 1000 times over before I would to Teppenyaki. FR is really interesting and unique dishes. It's definitely nice for dinner. Between the restaurant in the Haven, Food Republic and dining outside at La Cucina those are my recommendations.

Teppenyaki is so common on land and much better than NCL can do. As far as Cagney's, if you have Haven access, you don't need to go to Cagney's. They aren't serving anything better than in the Haven, including the steaks.

Go to FR early on in your cruise. Maybe even the very first night. My guess is you will love it so much you'll be back.

Definitely agree!

As far as the other restaurants, we did Le Bistro on Epic and really enjoyed the food. Wasn't overly impressed with Margaritaville for lunch.

• 2 months later...
So I've read that if you have the SDP you get a 25% discount at Food Republic. Is that true, and if so I'm assuming you still get your three dining nights on top fo that.

I have never known this to be true. Where did you read it? It's certainly not in the terms of the SDP, which are the only thing that counts.

So I've read that if you have the SDP you get a 25% discount at Food Republic. Is that true, and if so I'm assuming you still get your three dining nights on top fo that.

That was an OLD, OLD, OLD part of the Terms and Conditions dating back to the UDP. It no longer applies....

For Sailings on or after July 3rd, 2015

The Ultimate Dining Package (UDP) is available via pre-sell or onboard purchase on days 1 and 2 of the voyage only. On 3-day sailings the package is only for sale on day 1. No refunds are available if fewer restaurants are visited. The UDP is nontransferable. Reservations are not required for UDP guests, however, tables reserved onboard will be subject to availability for reservations made 24 hours in advance. We encourage you to log in to My NCL to make dining reservations in advance for specific night(s) of your cruise. An 18% gratuity and specialty service charge will be added to the package price. A 25% discount applies to all a la carte and entertainment based dining and select Specialty Restaurants (Not included in the Ultimate Dining Package). These venues include: Sushi, Raw Bar, Food Republic, Hot Rock, Tapas Bar, Noodle Bar, Ocean Blue, Ocean Blue on The Waterfront, The Cellars, The District, Murder Mystery, Cirque Dreams & Dinner, Illusionarium, Supper Club, Wine Lovers, Pajama Jam, Bayamo and Pincho by Jose Garces. The UDP does not include beverages or corresponding gratuity. No kids pricing available for UDP. Excludes all 1 and 2 day sailings. Includes add-ons in Le Bistro such as Fruit de Mer, Lobster and Cote De Boeuf. Does not apply to special occasion/holiday menus (New Year’s, Christmas, etc.). Latitudes Platinum Guests will receive a $20 discount on the UDP (as they receive 1 complimentary dinner in Le Bistro). $10 per each additional main course will be charged in Le Bistro & Cagney’s. Chef’s Table, Jazz Brunch, Carlo’s Bake Shop items, Ice Cream Bar and Gelato are not part of the package.

Someone was able to get 25% off but it was a hastle.