Royal Caribbean or Carnival

I am looking for a few opinions to help us make our decision. I have been on both lines. I have been on Carnival with and without kids, and Royal only with kids. Me and my fiancé are looking to take a vacation with him, me, and a couple we are friends with. We are in our early 30's and the other couple in their late and mid 20's. Which cruise line do you think is better when your not taking kids with you? We would be leaving out of Galveston since we live in Texas (possiblity of leaving for New Orleans also). Thank you in advance, hoping this helps with our decision.

We haven't cruised Carnival but, have visited and lunched on board the Splendor, Miracle and Sunshine. Nice ships, great food, some of the crazy Joe Farcus interior design is a bit over the top for me though.

We love Liberty of the Seas, one of our favorites. Cruised her to Bermuda a couple of summers ago. I think Royal Caribbean is an excellent choice for you and your friends. Lots of entertainment, great food, lively events throughout the day and night.

Liberty is a classic, elegant ship with Royal Promenade, lots of fun things on board.

My vote is for Royal Caribbean.

Jonathan

I am looking for a few opinions to help us make our decision. I have been on both lines. I have been on Carnival with and without kids, and Royal only with kids. Me and my fiancé are looking to take a vacation with him, me, and a couple we are friends with. We are in our early 30's and the other couple in their late and mid 20's. Which cruise line do you think is better when your not taking kids with you? We would be leaving out of Galveston since we live in Texas (possiblity of leaving for New Orleans also). Thank you in advance, hoping this helps with our decision.

From Galveston, I think RCI Liberty of the Seas is the best choice with Carnival Breeze being second. The other ships...the older CCL ships...are distant thirds.

I agree with AuqaHound. While I am not in your demographic, my DD and SIL are. Their choice for our cruise this June with them was for us to go on Liberty of the Seas. They have done both lines and prefer Royal.

:)Thank all of you. We loved Liberty of the Seas that was the RCL ship we were on. We have been on the Magic and Sunshine with carnival... Magic was way better. Only thing I missed from Carnival that RCL doesn't have is the Punchliner Comedy Club.

...Only thing I missed from Carnival that RCL doesn't have is the Punchliner Comedy Club.

Yeah, I like this also. RCI will likely have one or two comedians at the usual shows, and one or two late night "adult" shows (around 11pm or so), but nothing every night. If Derek Lewis happens to be on the Liberty of the Seas (not to be confused with the Carnival Liberty), he is very funny and will be in the pub on deck 5 almost every night.