Allure/Oasis Deck 6 Balcony Cabins

We sailed last September on Oasis in an aft cabin on deck 7. I personally would not want to be on deck 6 for this exact reason. Looking directly down I would say it is at least partially obstructed (even from deck 7) in my opinion. But the views are still great!

Loved deck 6 when I sailed Oasis!

There is an opening before the last 3 lifeboats on either side that gives cabins in that location an unobstructed downward view. (Further forward, there are larger hump balconies where junior suites and D1 are located that bump out over the lifeboats located under them.)

From my review:

I had chosen a deck 6 oceanview balcony cabin 6678 because I wanted to be nearer the water. It was very near the aft elevator lobby. Boardwalk was just to the aft and the lobby overlooked the Royal Promenade one deck down. I loved this location! Got to see/do many unplanned things simply because we were in the right place at the right time!

If I had to get to the forward part of the ship (grandson’s Adventure Ocean was on deck 14 forward), I would grab an elevator to Central Park deck 8 if one was coming or just go down the stairs to the Royal Promenade to cut through to the forward elevators.

While not a big deal on higher decks, it also was above the opening in the lifeboats so I could see straight down and watch the Kelvin wake patterns once we were underway.

Forward view:

lifeboats-forward.jpg

Aft view:

lifeboats-aft.jpg

Judy

I recently read that the deck 6 cabins on the ship don't have a direct view down into the water because of the life boats. Has anyone been in a balcony on deck 6 and have a problem with an obstructed view downwards?

Thanks

Directly down when you're standing at the edge of the balcony, yes, you can see a lifeboat. But it's not a big deal, I wouldn't even really call it an obstruction. I don't spend a lot of time standing at the railing looking straight down ;)

... I don't spend a lot of time standing at the railing looking straight down ;)

I was unaware, but apparently this is a major requirement for some. It seems to be a problem for some if the edge of a lifeboat obstructs 1/2 of one degree of the view.

We booked on the Allure for August and we are on deck 6, room # 6686.

Anyone know if the view for this room is any way obstructed? I like amenities and stores available on Deck 6 but if it is in any way obsttucted, I would want to change it.

We booked on the Allure for August and we are on deck 6, room # 6686.

Anyone know if the view for this room is any way obstructed? I like amenities and stores available on Deck 6 but if it is in any way obsttucted, I would want to change it.

I'm not sure if there is a lifeboat under 6686, but... I don't think any of the balconies on deck 6 are actually obstructed. The life boats are one deck down. So when you're standing at the edge of your balcony you can see them when you look down, when you're sitting out there you can't.

There were some big waves some nights when we were on the oasis and we stood outside and watched them bounce back from the ship and never once did I think man I wish those lifeboats weren't there so we could see more. Honestly if you move up higher, the lifeboats are still there when you look down, they're just further away.

This video shows a deck 6 balcony with a lifeboat under it. You can decide for yourself if you think that's an "obstruction" but I find the idea laughable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d981hbQy4Y

• 2 weeks later...

:)

I'm not sure if there is a lifeboat under 6686, but... I don't think any of the balconies on deck 6 are actually obstructed. The life boats are one deck down. So when you're standing at the edge of your balcony you can see them when you look down, when you're sitting out there you can't.

There were some big waves some nights when we were on the oasis and we stood outside and watched them bounce back from the ship and never once did I think man I wish those lifeboats weren't there so we could see more. Honestly if you move up higher, the lifeboats are still there when you look down, they're just further away.

This video shows a deck 6 balcony with a lifeboat under it. You can decide for yourself if you think that's an "obstruction" but I find the idea laughable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d981hbQy4Y

Thank you for the link to the video! This helped ease my concerns about deck 6 balcony!

Perhaps this will help....the lifeboats on deck 5 are RECESSED so that only a small part of the lifeboat protrudes over the side and is visible from above. We have had a cabin forward on deck 6 and enjoyed that location. The lifeboats were a nonissue.

We had a deck 6 cabin on Harmony in January. I had to go look at my pictures to see if there was a lifeboat when looking straight down. There was but it had zero effect on the overall view.

:)

Thank you for the link to the video! This helped ease my concerns about deck 6 balcony!

We loved our deck 6 balcony on the oasis and booked another one on the allure next year :) Enjoy!