Gluten Free Pasta in Tuscan Grill

BunnyLebowski

This is unsolicited, I know, but thought someone might be interested in this info. We had gone to the Tuscan a few weeks ago and asked if they could replace the pasta with a vegetable option, such as broccoli or whatever they had available, for my lobster alfredo dish. The waiter looked at me as though he had never heard the question before ... who knows, maybe he hadn't. He said he would check with the chef to see if this was possible. I have heard that same line in other specialty restaurants before when making a special order ... I am sure they try to discourage those types of requests but don't think they would ever do that when requesting gluten free pasta.

By the way, he brought the dish to me as requested and it was absolutely delicious.

If you are looking for gluten free or some other major change in the dishes on the menu give them a heads up before you go. It helps them be prepared for you. We did the Tuscan Grill twice on our last Millennium cruise in March and they were always extremely helpful in dealing with some food allergies. It helped that our MDR staff had given them a heads up when they booked our reservations.

If you are looking for gluten free or some other major change in the dishes on the menu give them a heads up before you go. It helps them be prepared for you. We did the Tuscan Grill twice on our last Millennium cruise in March and they were always extremely helpful in dealing with some food allergies. It helped that our MDR staff had given them a heads up when they booked our reservations.

Thanks, great advice. Would not have thought of that.

Good suggestion but not necessary from my experience, at least for gluten-free. The kitchen is used to substituting / removing gluten from an item off the menu. The main thing is having a server who is on top of it. When gluten free pasta request is put in at the same time as putting in an order, it does not hold anything up. They do cook the pasta separately and individually vs. using a batch of pre cooked regular pasta.

I just finished a 16 night TA and had the best gluten free experience throughout. Cafe Al Baco also had awesome gluten free cakes on most days.

• Like 1