Map of route of Alaska cruise

stjlo

I'm hoping someone here can help me with a link where I can see the route that the Emerald Princess takes from Seattle. We are going on a R/T Alaskan cruise leaving from Seattle in July and I would like to see which way we will be travelling to the various ports. Can anyone help?

There is a small map on princess.com when you click on your particular cruise. The route can certainly vary depending on sea conditions and other factors, so you won't get a fixed route map in advance. Generally from Seattle they will sail outside Vancouver Island in the open ocean. Returning, because they stop in Victoria, they will sail between Vancouver Island and the mainland, which is more scenic.

Emerald Princess, July 1, round trip out of Seattle. From Princess:

AST070lg.jpg

From Seattle North to Ketchikan, North to Tracy Arm Fjord, North to Juneau, North to Skagway, South to Victoria, South to Seattle. You are only in Victoria for a fairly short time but, if you can swing it, visit Butchart Gardens. It should be pretty cool at night with the lights.

Here's a link to the Marine ship tracker web site http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-135.8/centery:55.9/zoom:7 It will show you the position of every ship in Southeast Alaska, live. I've been tracking the Ruby since it left Seattle. It's pretty cool, click on the blue ship and you can get a lot of information

Emerald Princess, July 1, round trip out of Seattle. From Princess:

AST070lg.jpg

From Seattle North to Ketchikan, North to Tracy Arm Fjord, North to Juneau, North to Skagway, South to Victoria, South to Seattle. You are only in Victoria for a fairly short time but, if you can swing it, visit Butchart Gardens. It should be pretty cool at night with the lights.

A different sailing shows the return going through the passage between Vancouver Island and the mainland (different routing than shown above). It really will depend on sea conditions, the captain, etc.

Here's a link to the Marine ship tracker web site http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-135.8/centery:55.9/zoom:7 It will show you the position of every ship in Southeast Alaska, live. I've been tracking the Ruby since it left Seattle. It's pretty cool, click on the blue ship and you can get a lot of information

Wow, that is so cool... thank you!