Flying Fishbone

foxcent

:halo:

Great food and atmosphere. Very expensive taxi ride from port if you don't rent a car.

This is exactly the information I needed to know was it close to the port and worth the trouble to take a taxi ride to it... Thank you.....

:halo:

This is exactly the information I needed to know was it close to the port and worth the trouble to take a taxi ride to it... Thank you.....

You can get a similar toes in the sand dining experience at Barefoot or Passions for a lot less taxi fare.

Passions

20140330_185910_zps7ecukcyn.jpg

Flying Fishbone

20170411_185807_zpsvtjck9j4.jpg

Personally, I don't enjoy dining in the water. Sometimes the tables are lopsided, and I have a friend who had crabs or something nibbling on her feet. I do, however, enjoy dining in the sand, but some people don't.

• 2 weeks later...
Have anyone been to the restaurant Flying Fishbone in Aruba????

Went there a few years back while spending a week on Aruba. Don't get a table in the water unless you don't mind getting wet while trying to eat your dinner. A little bit of wave action from a passing boat is no fun. If you are prone to mosquito bites, make sure you put on plenty of repellent. My wife got eaten up something awful. Overall, it is a nice experience and worth checking out.

My first visit to Flying Fishbone felt like arriving at Gilligan's Island. Our table was in the sand - and water lapped out feet maybe twice. The Lobster Bisque which they top off with brandy at your table was really delicious.

It was a lovely experience - but very expensive. We had a car and its a long drive. We have returned at least three times.Once we took a taxi- I know it was expensive, but I don't remember how much.

Passions - in my opinion is a much better choice. Great food, terrific ambiance. I prefer their menu to Barefoot. We have been to both. You probably don't have enough time, but the best restaurant right now in Aruba is 2 Fools and Bull. Very very expensive - but an experience you won't soon forget. Go if you are staying overnight in Aruba.