Booking onboard credit and changing rates

I just booked a 7 day cruise on board and got the $100 on board credit. We booked early saver. If we find a lower price and try to match it, do we lose the $100 on board credit? That is what my PVP is saying, but I'm not sure it is right so I thought I'd ask the experts here.

Thanks!

I booked on the Fantasy, so it was the regular plan I guess. My PVP said the onboard rate code is COOM so if they change it from that to any other rate code you lose the $100 OBC. I booked early saver onboard, but they said even switching to regular early saver would cause you to lose the $100 OBC.

As long as your booking number doesn't change, you don't lose your OBC. I've changed rate types, received price matches, even changed cruises and not lost my OBC. You need to remind your PVP why you have OBC and it's his job to manually add it back when there is a change.

As long as your booking number doesn't change, you don't lose your OBC. I've changed rate types, received price matches, even changed cruises and not lost my OBC. You need to remind your PVP why you have OBC and it's his job to manually add it back when there is a change.

According to the other active thread on this issue that is, alas, not necessarily true today, regardless of what was true at the time you booked.

I am the OP of the other thread AND an attorney. Our booking was under the military (fully refundable) rate, not ES.

The reason I was given for the denial was a lack of cabins with the OBC/rate available. I also asked about an alternate 2019 cruise that appeared to have a ton of cabins available and was told the same thing.

I have never had a problem making changes before.

I am very suspicious that my difficulties are a result of the brilliant new change but have no proof. I posted to make people aware of my difficulties and the (actually) brilliant perks available on other lines should they decide (as I did) to cut bait and cancel.

According to the other active thread on this issue that is, alas, not necessarily true today, regardless of what was true at the time you booked.

I am the OP of the other thread AND an attorney. Our booking was under the military (fully refundable) rate, not ES.

The reason I was given for the denial was a lack of cabins with the OBC/rate available. I also asked about an alternate 2019 cruise that appeared to have a ton of cabins available and was told the same thing.

I have never had a problem making changes before.

I am very suspicious that my difficulties are a result of the brilliant new change but have no proof. I posted to make people aware of my difficulties and the (actually) brilliant perks available on other lines should they decide (as I did) to cut bait and cancel.

Well, that simply stinks. Along with the reduced amount of OBC, I would have to think more than twice!

If the rate you are matching to does not include OBC, you will lose it. This has always been the case. If the rate you are matching to includes OBC, no worries.

The new policies have absolutely nothing to do with the scenario that you are describing.

If the rate you are matching to does not include OBC, you will lose it. This has always been the case. If the rate you are matching to includes OBC, no worries.

The new policies have absolutely nothing to do with the scenario that you are describing.

This makes no sense, and you have no clue what you're talking about. Ignore list long overdue.

This is simply wrong information. Shareholder OBC and booking on-board OBC have always followed the booking number. Perhaps you've neither qualified for either or have never understood what you signed.

In either event you are wrong.

This is simply wrong information. Shareholder OBC and booking on-board OBC have always followed the booking number. Perhaps you've neither qualified for either or have never understood what you signed.

In either event you are wrong.

This information is correct, however, I believe the scenario the OP is talking about is: He booked under a category that allowed him OBC as a "reward" for booking during a sale. Then found a rate for the same cabin that was cheaper but the sale was no longer on. In that case, indeed, he would lose the OBC received from the original sale booking. The price drop needs to be more than the OBC in order to result in a net profit. This has always been true.

Just re-read the OP, he would indeed keep the $100 and needs to remind the booking agent of that when finding a price drop.

Edited by isaiahsnana
Edited more info

This information is correct, however, I believe the scenario the OP is talking about is: He booked under a category that allowed him OBC as a "reward" for booking during a sale. Then found a rate for the same cabin that was cheaper but the sale was no longer on. In that case, indeed, he would lose the OBC received from the original sale booking. The price drop needs to be more than the OBC in order to result in a net profit. This has always been true.

Just re-read the OP, he would indeed keep the $100 and needs to remind the booking agent of that when finding a price drop.

This was the on-board booking OBC under the former system, and I was attempting to switch the booking to another cruise, which has not been a problem until they just changed the on-board bookings. The rep and his supervisor were reminded numerous times to no avail.

I have since cancelled the (fully refundable) booking and happily booked 2 cruises on X.

Edited by VASOXFANN