DePalm Tour ?

Kudos2Fly

Yes we took this tour to DePalm island with several others in our group. It was so bad that we all left on our own and took a taxi back into town. They overbooked the place so badly that there was absolutely no room to snorkle or swim. The reef was dying or dead and there were no fish to see. The electricity had gone off due to a storm ( not their fault I know but it added to the disharmony) and they were unable to prepare the hot lunch that was supposed to be eaten. All in all it was quite miserable. The sand was packed and nasty not soft and warm. There is very little shade. The cordoned off swimming area is minuscle. They were generous with the rum punch, but we aren't big drinkers and found the entire visit to be very very bad return for the money invested.

We had a different impression of Depalm. We went last December during a Panama Canal cruise and enjoyed it very much. We found it to be one of the few shore excursions that was worth the price. It was our first time snorkeling, so I can't compare it, but I think it was a good introduction. We enjoyed seeing the fish and coral formations. Lunch was good, and drinks were plentiful. I would not rate it highly as a "beach" experience. I am confident there are much nicer beaches on Aruba. The best I can tell you is that we will be back on Depalm Island on New Years Eve Day this year!:D

• 1 month later...

Archived