Age on longer cruises

petlady7

I would say generally older - children will be in school so families aren't likely to be represented and most employment doesn't allow younger working adults to take 5+ weeks away from work in one block so I think it militates against a high proportion of 'younger' passengers. Having said that we have done a couple of longer cruises and signed up for two more and found the atmosphere very congenial and not stuffy at all. I think when people know they are on longer cruises there are more opportunities to get to know their fellow guests, especially given the sea days so patterns of dining, going to your favourite bar etc become established and you see the same people and develop friendships. The wider range of activities provided on the likes of Transatlantics also provides a focus too. So we find the longer cruises very appealing although we didn't think we would before trying it.

Hi

I was just wondering what the average age of passengers normally is on the longer cruises of 35 days or more ?

If you are looking for a hard Carnival experiance forget it. If you are afraid it will be a nursing home atmosphere, it will not. Even the age age group is older mostly social security age, the type of people attracted to these trips tend to be adventurous and active. I think most anone over fifty would enjoy it. I recently spoke to a 30 year old male who was on our TA about this and he stated he was glade he took the trip but would not do another one until he got older as at times it was boring for him.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have recently done a 35 night P&O cruise, the majority of pax were retired as you would expect, a few younger adults, plus 3 children below school age. I would estimate the average age at around 70 years.