Sitka help please!

kacurl

Hi all we will be in Sitka from 8 to 4 on a Friday, what is best way to do FOB and the Rapture Center on our own,,,. How much for cabs and where to go first? I can't believe this beach bum is going to Alaska!!!:cool:. Thanks everyone Cathy

When I was researching this I came across some shuttle services between those points that were something like $10 a leg. We ended up booking an excursion through the ship (Birds, Bears and Barnacles) due to need to handle a wheelchair and where I added up the admissions and the transport bits the "premium" for booking with them was not that much for the guaranty of handling the wheelchair.

Sitka Shuttle

Ride Sitka

There is a loop shuttle that includes a Raptor Stop,, I'd also suggest considering the other's as well, especially the National Park, Bishops House and St. Michael's, Fortress of the Bears has it's own shuttle - information on their web site.

Hi all we will be in Sitka from 8 to 4 on a Friday, what is best way to do FOB and the Rapture Center on our own,,,. How much for cabs and where to go first? I can't believe this beach bum is going to Alaska!!!:cool:. Thanks everyone Cathy

ON the HAL board, I just read "From town we purchased a rt shuttle from Sitka Tours for $10 pp to take us to the Fortress of the Bears and The Raptor Center. (Admission to each place is separate)" As of May 10, 2017.

This link may get you to the first hand comment:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2499113

• 2 weeks later...

How long is the drive to the Fortress of the Bears or the Raptor Center? We have booked a kayaking excursion that ends at 11, and then I'd like to squeeze in bears and/or raptors. Is it realistic to get to both places and be back on the ship for a 3:30 departure (and maybe grab a quick bite for lunch at sometime in there)? We'd likely take the $10 shuttle from town but could also do a taxi or something else if it would save time. Thank you!

How long is the drive to the Fortress of the Bears or the Raptor Center? We have booked a kayaking excursion that ends at 11, and then I'd like to squeeze in bears and/or raptors. Is it realistic to get to both places and be back on the ship for a 3:30 departure (and maybe grab a quick bite for lunch at sometime in there)? We'd likely take the $10 shuttle from town but could also do a taxi or something else if it would save time. Thank you!

The Raptor Center is about a 5 minute, one mile drive from the center of Sitka (St. Michael's). The Fortress of the Bear is about 15 minutes (six miles) from the center. You go by The Raptor Center on the way to & from the bears.

DW and I were in Sitka last Monday, May 15, 2017. Was gorgeous weather. Sunny and pleasant. 13C (55F).

Here is the link to the public transportation in Sitka. You will love Sitka. Lots of history and friendly people and breathtaking sights. Make sure you take a picture of Mt. Edgecumbe, the large dormant volcano. Very cool.

http://ridesitka.com/

Paul