Breakaway Cirque Dream

I just have a question. When we saw the show in June you ate while the show was going on. Did that change? I thought I read that it did but I can't find the post now.

I read the same post. NCL changed the Breakaway show in March (see press release below). We'll be on the breakaway in a few weeks and have the Cirque booked.

https://www.ncl.com/press-releases/norwegian-cruise-line-expands-cirque-dreams-and-dinner-entertainment-experience

Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy: The Broadway Hit

Guests of Norwegian Cruise Line will now have another dazzling entertainment experience to take in this summer on some of the line's newest ships. Norwegian is expanding the one-of-a-kind theatrical dining experience Cirque Dreams & Dinner to Norwegian Getaway for her summer season in Europe, as well as debuting a new dining format and must-see show elements of the popular Cirque Dreams & Dinner experiences on Norwegian Breakaway beginning March 5 and on Norwegian Epic starting April 14. Featuring all-new menus, the custom reimagined shows will offer guests the opportunity to enjoy their gourmet dinner prior to the start of the entertainment extravaganza. Once coffee and dessert are served, the show will commence and transport guests into a fantastical world of breathtaking acrobatics, marvels, wonders and dreams under a colorful big top.

• Price Per Person: $39.99 USD

https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/press-releases/norwegian-cruise-line-expands-cirque-dreams-and-dinner-entertainment-experience

The Freestyle Daily on the Breakaway describes the Cirque as

From Broadway toNorwegian Breakaway, Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy is an exotic new adventure underour color Big Top Spiegel Tent. After a delightful dinner, a mystical junglecomes alive with breathtaking butterflies, balancing giraffes, and the king of thejungle. This explosion of athleticism, theater, and imagination will exhilarateand entertain your entire family.

We attended the 5:15 show last Sunday and dinner was served before the performance. Well worth seeing - I thought dinner was great (hubby thought it was good) and the show itself was outstanding.

We attended the 5:15 show last Sunday and dinner was served before the performance. Well worth seeing - I thought dinner was great (hubby thought it was good) and the show itself was outstanding.

What was the menu?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think it's a great idea to serve dinner before the show! We found it distracting to interact with the wait staff while trying to watch the show, and at times the staff was part of the show! I'm sure this is a much better experience!

The starter was a salad with prosciutto, mozzarella cheese and tomato over greens. The main course was surf & turf (shrimp, not lobster) with potatoes and broccoli. Note that they did not ask anyone how they wanted their steak done so some people were quite displeased with what they received (I lucked out and mine was cooked to medium so it was still edible). Dessert was a sampler of red velvet cake, berries with cream and chocolate cake.

The starter was a salad with prosciutto, mozzarella cheese and tomato over greens. The main course was surf & turf (shrimp, not lobster) with potatoes and broccoli. Note that they did not ask anyone how they wanted their steak done so some people were quite displeased with what they received (I lucked out and mine was cooked to medium so it was still edible). Dessert was a sampler of red velvet cake, berries with cream and chocolate cake.

It's interesting that they specifically advertised "new menus" when this sounds *exactly* like the menu we had in December. Oh well, I enjoyed it once, I'm sure I will again!

It's interesting that they specifically advertised "new menus" when this sounds *exactly* like the menu we had in December. Oh well, I enjoyed it once, I'm sure I will again!

Perhaps they mean new in the sense that it's a new voyage each week? lol Hope you enjoy it as much the second time around!

is there only 1 set menu item? how about for the people that do not eat seafood or steak?

I have seen Cirque on every ship it is offered ..all are amaing and fabulous .I loved the costumes on the Breakaway show ...not to be missed ..awesome acrobats and gymnist ...splurge ..get good seats its a wow show

My friends said they go to Cirque du soleil every year in Montreal ...trust me ..I go to ...the show on ship is Top Knotch ....go it is great

Did you book this show in advance or after you were on the ship? I'm sailing in August and it's not available to book yet.

We booked ahead of time - we had the 3 specialty dinners package and used this as one of them. There was an $11 upcharge per person but that was removed once we upgraded to the Haven.

is there only 1 set menu item? how about for the people that do not eat seafood or steak?

The menu did say there was a vegetarian alternative meal but otherwise, surf & turf was the only option.

We did it in April and was surprised we got the entire meal before the show. Previously you ate whilst watching. We found the show was cut down too so that the entire time in the show was the same. It was still good but found it worked better previously.

Sent from my iPad using Forums