Weather in Barcelona Epic Cruise

dpepper64

My wife and I just booked a cruise on the Epic for May of 2018 and was wondering what the weather will be like in the Med. during that time of year

Check weather.com today for your ports of call. What's the average weather in the next 10 days, will be exactly the weather a year from today.

Be very, very careful about what what folks share about weather. Between vague memories and possibly different than normal weather on a certain trip can give false direction.

Sites like weather.com mentioned or https://www.wunderground.com/ are great sources of historical and accurate weather.

And, no matter if Alaska or the tropics, temperatures INSIDE the ship stay about the same.

May 7, 2016 - wore shorts the whole time ... the kind that end just above the knee. DW wore capris. No sandals - was not that warm; sneakers more comfortable for walking and uneven ground; respect for churches; and you may get you toes stepped on at some of the crowded venues. Most of our excursions involved a lot of walking so you kept moving and warm.

Felt too cold to sunbathe when underway, but when in port it seem fair enough to lounge outside.

We packed umbrellas, but did not need them. In hindsight, I would just pack a hooded rain jacket ... too crowded to walk with an open umbrella. A hat or sunscreen would be helpful ... we were quite pasty at that time of year (no base tan yet) and you are outside a lot for the week.

Enjoy!

What is the weather like in late October? Going October 29.[/quote

I was on the btb last year Med / transat ..think cool mornings warming up gradually , comfy in pm .cool at night you will need sweaters etc or hoodies plus a bag to slip it in as day gets warmer

I found the ship cooool to cold esp hallways .....they were very cold ...

Long sleeves and slacks recommended ...jeans or jogging suits perfect

May 7, 2016 - wore shorts the whole time ... the kind that end just above the knee. DW wore capris. No sandals - was not that warm; sneakers more comfortable for walking and uneven ground; respect for churches; and you may get you toes stepped on at some of the crowded venues. Most of our excursions involved a lot of walking so you kept moving and warm.

Felt too cold to sunbathe when underway, but when in port it seem fair enough to lounge outside.

We packed umbrellas, but did not need them. In hindsight, I would just pack a hooded rain jacket ... too crowded to walk with an open umbrella. A hat or sunscreen would be helpful ... we were quite pasty at that time of year (no base tan yet) and you are outside a lot for the week.

Enjoy!

We finally decided to just go with sneakers so we can pack less shoes. This is after a month of me going back and forth. LOL