What happens if you book with Cruisenext certificates, but cancel later?

zaknzoey

Just curious...

I want to book our next cruise with our certificates, now that you can apply two for balcony, six months out.

But there is a possibility of having to cancel due to a couple of personal things on the back burners.

If I cancel (before final payment) do they just give me back my cruisenext certificates?

Thanks!

It was my impression that it used to be you could cancel and rebook as often as you choose within the 4 year window, but recently it was changed that this could only be done once, the second time it was use it or lose it.

It was my impression that it used to be you could cancel and rebook as often as you choose within the 4 year window, but recently it was changed that this could only be done once, the second time it was use it or lose it.
If this is a new policy, they need to update the CruiseNext terms to say so explicitly. In the meantime, if they take away your deposit for this reason, it shouldn't be too hard to get it back. The terms clearly say that the deposit is subject to the same cancellation policy as "any other deposit", so they don't have a leg to stand on. If you are outside of the cancellation penalty phase, they must return the deposit to you.

This is the policy only for cruise next ultimate where you book your cruise onboard.

The return of the cruise next voucher depends on the cancellation terms for your cruise which vary by country. For instance, I don't think deposits are refundable in UK even if you use CruiseNext certificate.

That is true only if you book the cruise while on the ship after buying your certificate. If you book a future cruise on land instead, regular rules apply.