WARNING CABIN bait and switch for UK bookings

Just returned from a Rhapsody cruise where we booked a 220 sq ft cabin with a floor to ceiling window. However we were very upset to enter the cabin and see we had been given a 150 sq ft cabin with a regular sized window.

Guest services offered us £375 off a future cruise. We refused this offer as that amount did not cover the difference in price between the cabin we booked and the cabin we received. We are taking the matter up here in the UK and hopefully can reach agreement.

These cabins were only advertised on the RCI UK web site and have left many cruisers feeling let down by RCI

what category?

It was sold in the UK as a cat G with a description that it had a floor to ceiling window and was 220 sq ft. It was the most expensive Ocean View cabin of the six Ocean View cabins listed .

What room?

Was it called a panoramic ocean view room when you booked? They've recently changed what those relatively new rooms are called on ships like Vision (and rhapsody is a vision class ship) are called.

If so I doubt it was a regular sized window compared to what other ocean view rooms got.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What room?

Was it called a panoramic ocean view room when you booked? They've recently changed what those relatively new rooms are called on ships like Vision (and rhapsody is a vision class ship) are called.

If so I doubt it was a regular sized window compared to what other ocean view rooms got.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

RCI would have never offered a FCC if something wasn't amiss.

UK cruisers get different protections than US cruisers do, so they might have gotten more for such a thing than we would.

And changing a category isn't an innocent thing on their part.

I think my question is valid and could be the reason for the mixup.

Editing to add...went looking for old posts to see about the room number, and she knew about this discrepancy before she booked, in a post from June of last year... She was even told that the big windows were not on deck 4. Sigh.

Editing to add...went looking for old posts to see about the room number, and she knew about this discrepancy before she booked, in a post from June of last year... She was even told that the big windows were not on deck 4. Sigh.

I was obviously way too fast to blame RCI. Apologies RCI.

UK cruisers get different protections than US cruisers do, so they might have gotten more for such a thing than we would.

Thank you for your research, like to know the whole story...

"She was even told that the big windows were not on deck 4"

Actually, Sigh. On 11th of June only one member had posted to say it wasn't a floor to ceiling window and 220 sq ft cabin. I contacted RCI by email, the reply categorically claimed we would get the cabin as described and rubbished the remark on CC. On that pretext we went ahead and booked on 12th June.

I have emails from RCI confirming we would get the cabin as stated containing a full description.. I would not have paid ~ £300 pp more for this cabin without that reassurance from RCI .

But thanks for your valuable input

Sean

• 3 weeks later...

RCCL have made good on this booking.

Contacted RCCL in the UK and they understood that the £375 future cruise credit did not cover the extra we had paid for the cabin we received. They accepted that a fair outcome was to refund us the extra we had paid for the cabin we didn't receive plus give us the FCC as promised.

RCCL have made good on this booking.

Contacted RCCL in the UK and they understood that the £375 future cruise credit did not cover the extra we had paid for the cabin we received. They accepted that a fair outcome was to refund us the extra we had paid for the cabin we didn't receive plus give us the FCC as promised.

Glad to hear someone at RCCL listened to reason.:)

Just returned from a Rhapsody cruise where we booked a 220 sq ft cabin with a floor to ceiling window. However we were very upset to enter the cabin and see we had been given a 150 sq ft cabin with a regular sized window.

Guest services offered us £375 off a future cruise. We refused this offer as that amount did not cover the difference in price between the cabin we booked and the cabin we received. We are taking the matter up here in the UK and hopefully can reach agreement.

These cabins were only advertised on the RCI UK web site and have left many cruisers feeling let down by RCI

They should either offer you OBC or cash while you are on the ship.

To offer a discount off another cruise which you might not take because of being let down on this one is wrong.