Valor Review

Matlily

We are in our early 50's we go out a lot at home and alsowork, so when we cruise we like to relax we cruised with 2 other couple thatare our friends at home. We all hadbooked faster to the fun which was great we were thru embarkation in no timesat for a short time and then onboard we got! we got our rooms straight awaythis is worth the extra cost we dumped our soda, wine and carry on and headedto guys for our burger - yum, we walled around the ship she is a lot older thanwe are used to I guess, I first cruise on the Conquest, then the Magic, Triumphand Breeze which i guess just seem a bit newer.

We liked the ship, the lay out on lido isnt great trying tofind a chair was hard and we just gave up only sat out once, as it was a 5 dayand we got to our two ports where we spent time on beach and snorkelling, moreon excursions later.

Our cabin Steward Made -I was awesome what a great guy sofriendly and helpful ( especially with our problems outside the room - seecabin review) we always tip and we got our room cleaned twice a day and icesupplied as often as we used it.

We had anytime dining, we went to this feature as soon asCarnival went to it. We love it so wedepending on our day can pick the time. We had different tables each time, was great. We did have a bad meal, if we didnt likesomething we sent it back and got something else. I tried the vegetarian indian dish for thefirst time! wow yummy! We always tip the servers they dont know this til afterthe meal and we had great service each time! We also were celebrating twobirthdays and a 10 Wedding anniversary of our friends and the dining room staffbrought out a little cake and candles so sweet of them.

We also booked and went to the steakhouse, food was greatbut they did nothing for our friends Wedding Anniversary even thru I hademailed them and told them about it, that was a shame.

Ports

Cozumel - we decidedto go to Chanknaab park on our own the 6 of us, we took a cab for 6 which was$24 and on the way back we split up and its was $12 for us to get back. We got a voucher online and this allowed usto use the park for $19 a guest, we got a chair and shade for this and youcould walk the steps into the sea to snorkel, we paid for food and drinks andthey were normal prices for that kind of place, Bottled water $2 soda etc thesame.

Progesso - we justtook the free shuttle into town and walked to the beach we got loungers andumbrellas and had a fun day! cost around $100 for all six of us, we had bucksof beer, tacos, soda and waters, there are a lot of vendors this is a poor partof Mexico you just say No thank You and they move on, not a big deal, we evenhad mariachy bands come up to us, it was a blast. We left the beach as it started to get reallywindy, then a big storm at the port blew in sand everywhere, we got onboardbefore it started by our friend were still shopping at the port, it made forinteresting convo at dinner that night and we tried not to look out the windowsas the sea went up and down, but after an hour or so it calmed down.

Conclusion we had fun with our friend and we relaxed thehubbie slept a lot and I played craps and won several times! PLEASE CARNIVALBAN THE SMOKING!!!

I doubt we will go on a short trip again you just dont getinto it as much as i do on a 7 days or more. The ship had a rowdy crowd, but not always in a nice way.

Usually we hang out in the Redfrog for hours but it justdidnt have the same vibe.

Looking forward to the next ones on the Vista out of Miamiand then next year back to the Breeze and doing our first Alaskan Cruise on theLegend.

Our Cabin was noisy to begin with being behind the elevatorbank, we will not pick this room again, we had an additional problem of a waterleak right outside our cabin door, so for three days and nights there werelarge vessels placed to catch the water and on several occasions a lot ofmaintenance workers trying to fix it. (carnival gave us a bottle of wine forour trouble) and after three days it was finally fixed in Cozumel, we had noisyhallway with dryers trying to dry the carpet as well.

Edited by Matlily
Please delete this is wrong version.