Next Cruise Certificate Question?

We booked a cruise onboard purchasing a next cruise certificate and had the booking credited to a travel agency. We have since found a better price with amenities online with a different travel agency. Is it possible to move the certificate to a new agency? If so, how would you go about doing it? Could the new agency request it from Royal Caribbean or would we call Royal Caribbean and request it to be moved to a different agency? :confused:

We booked a cruise onboard purchasing a next cruise certificate and had the booking credited to a travel agency. We have since found a better price with amenities online with a different travel agency. Is it possible to move the certificate to a new agency? If so, how would you go about doing it? Could the new agency request it from Royal Caribbean or would we call Royal Caribbean and request it to be moved to a different agency? :confused:

You cannot move the certificate without the approval of the current travel agent, so contact them first.

Thank you! Then do they contact Royal to have it released to another agency?

I don't know all the transfer details, you should discuss with the current travel agent.

You might want to check as there's a possibility it hasn't actually been transferred yet...Many years ago this happened to me and luckily it wasn't...I called RCI and they told me it hadn't so I had them change it to no TA and ownership to me. Give the booking number to the TA you want to use ... they may just be able to book it. You might also tell RCI it was a mistake and you intended to keep ownership....Next time you purchase one of these make sure your listed as owner so you'll have time to decide what's best for you. Best of luck

Even before you contact Royal you should really talk to your current Travel Agent and see if they can at least match the other offer. They could check the other agencies offer to make sure it truly does beat what you currently have or if there are any hidden charges.

I had the same thing previously and while it looked like a better deal I could never get a hold of the new company and when I ended up canceling the cruise I had to pay a cancellation fee (which I never had to with the original Travel Agent).

So, unless you don't like your current TA, then at least give them the chance to match the offer (or at least investigate the pricing/amenities for you).

Mikki

I have four NC cert's pending on our upcoming October cruise and since they can't be used for deposits they haven't actually been redeemed yet. So you should be able to give the certificate numbers to the other TA. However, it's only courtesy to do as suggested and see if your current TA can match the "better" offer.