Anyone have hotel info for norwegian sun land/cruise tour in Anchorage June 9th?

spkell56

I've called Norwegian 3 times trying to get hotel info for our trip starting June 9th in Anchorage. No one can help us. Anyone else on this land/cruise tour that has any info? Thanks.

Yes each time I call I get a slightly different story and am told to call back the next day. That's been going on for a week now. It's the same with the folks I'm traveling with. I've never done a land/cruise combo before. I don't think I will ever do one again. At least not with Norwegian. I'll make my own land arrangements. Hopefully we all hear soon.

Last year when we were in Anchorage I noticed that NCL was using the Sheraton. I have no idea if that will be the case this year. If that is the case you can walk to most of town, and the walk is flat.

I also know that Regent uses the Hilton sometimes, and some lines use the Captain Cook.

Thank you zqvol... I'm hoping for something downtown so we will be close to food and shopping.

Enjoy Anchorage. We enjoyed eating at:

Humpy's Great Alaskan Alehouse (wonderful fish and chips) and Fat Ptarmigan (pretty good pizza) and Glacier Brewhouse (have eaten here twice, seems to be the place that a lot of tours use). Having reservations is a good idea.

We did the NCL cruisetour last August. We were at the Anchorage Lakefront first and last nights. Hotel was nice, restaurant service was slooooow. Denali we were scheduled for the Denali Lodge and ended up across the street at the less than stellar Grizzly Bear Lodge. It reminded me of girl scout camp. The view was nice though. There are no amenities at this place .

So you will like this reply from Norwegian. We are traveling with a group of nine people. Another couple contacted Norwegian today. They were again given the runaround. So, they posed the question what would you do if I didn't pay my balance on time? "Well you would be fined". So he replies what compensation will I get for you not holding up the end of your bargain? "That's the answer and there will be no compensation for inconvenience". The problem is there is no one at Norwegian to contact. There is no email contact and if you call by phone you get the same runaround. So, today I sent a letter to the corporate office in Miami. I'm sure nothing will come of it, but it made me feel better. I do know because of all of this I will never sail with Norwegian again.

We did the NCL cruisetour last August. We were at the Anchorage Lakefront first and last nights. Hotel was nice, restaurant service was slooooow. Denali we were scheduled for the Denali Lodge and ended up across the street at the less than stellar Grizzly Bear Lodge. It reminded me of girl scout camp. The view was nice though. There are no amenities at this place .

Hi, Was it hot? We will be there end of July. I'm assuming no AC with no ammenitites. I did a land sea tour with NCL in Italy last 2015 and it was amazing. Gate one ran it and it is an itinerary they do often so maybe that is why it was so well run.

I am booked on the NCL Sun 12 Day Denali/Ayeska southbound cruise tour. Starts in Anchorage.

I know the last night is at an amazing hotel but not sure of rest.

thanks

Kerri

The weather was gorgeous. Never needed the jackets that we brought. I wore a light sweater in the evening. We had clear views of Denali our entire time in anchorage- through the park. We'll never forget !

Enjoy Anchorage. We enjoyed eating at:

Humpy's Great Alaskan Alehouse (wonderful fish and chips) and Fat Ptarmigan (pretty good pizza) and Glacier Brewhouse (have eaten here twice, seems to be the place that a lot of tours use). Having reservations is a good idea.

We are planning on going to Humpy's Alehouse and Glacier Brewhouse also so thanks for the recommendation and the reservation tip!

Lucky you...nothing in my account, but I'll keep checking.:)

spkell56 I feel your pain of waiting! I will be doing the same in another 2 months waiting for my information to appear. We are going the Sun for our southbound cruise but have a 2 night Denali Tour booked with Princess, so hopefully they are more organized with getting their information together sooner rather than later. We booked the cruise back on 12/31/15 when the tours were not available and found out after the were that they could not just be added to the cruise. No way I was going to cancel and re-book when the prices were close to $2k more just for the cruise! Then I scored a 2 for 1 deal with Princess so that helped the budget out quite a bit.

Hope you get your details soon and have an amazing trip!