Kids Sail FREE Promo started today!!!!

That's exactly what my TA said to me also. I have 2 cabins booked and 1 is fully paid and she said I can't take advantage of a price drop if it's paid in full already even though we are months away from final payment :o

As you can see from the posts above, this is BS. I'm guessing that there's more paperwork for the TAs to do when the cruise is paid in full. Maybe RC has paid the commission and the agency then has to give some back and it's an accounting hassle.

In any case, you can get a price drop, and in the future, don't pay off the cruise so early!:)

It would be foolish for any cruise line to penalize someone for paying early. Sometimes there are good reasons for doing it. Any ways it's been a long time since I have caught a break on a price drop. Maybe I need more time on CC

Happy to say, lost $50 OBC but gained $700!! I called and spoke with a rep directly, "I would like to take advantage of kids sail free on my existing reservation" - "Sure, what is your reservation number"..... "I see you will save $736, just one more moment" .... "I have sent a new confirmation and you can expect the refund back to your card in 7 - 10 business days, thank you for contacting us at Royal Caribbean"...

Total call time, 10 minutes 47 seconds... savings $686. I'll take that any day!

My cruise was paid in full and it wasn't even part of the discussion. Literally no discussion with the rep at all. "You are saving this much, it'll be back on your card, thanks!" - couldn't have been easier.

Happy to say, lost $50 OBC but gained $700!! I called and spoke with a rep directly, "I would like to take advantage of kids sail free on my existing reservation" - "Sure, what is your reservation number"..... "I see you will save $736, just one more moment" .... "I have sent a new confirmation and you can expect the refund back to your card in 7 - 10 business days, thank you for contacting us at Royal Caribbean"...

Total call time, 10 minutes 47 seconds... savings $686. I'll take that any day!

My cruise was paid in full and it wasn't even part of the discussion. Literally no discussion with the rep at all. "You are saving this much, it'll be back on your card, thanks!" - couldn't have been easier.

That's awesome, thanks for sharing! AND with a good TA (like I have) it was as easy as that as well except I didn't even have to sit on the phone!!! She couldn't believe this deal, esp on Harmony!!

So frustrating that the only do this during school time, mine can't miss school so we don't get to partake ��

We booked during our kids fall break. I called and got the price adjustment

We booked during our kids fall break. I called and got the price adjustment

Our kids don't get fall break, they just get a week off for Thanksgiving instead (excluded from the sale).

Our kids don't get fall break, they just get a week off for Thanksgiving instead (excluded from the sale).

My kid starts school this year. We are dreading the limits on when we can go on vacation. I have a lot of flexibility with my business so we can take 3 weeks off whenever, etc. But now that he'll be in school, we are so very limited, it sucks. And when we do want to go, everything is packed with kids. I think we'll push the limits on "absences" a bit, we'll see.

I know they do this during school times, so do you think there's any chance they will do it again for February sailings? My TA already told me there is NO way to change prices since we are a group, but if it'll save people in my group so much money, I'd prefer they left the group and booked separately. I'll go talk to the concierge once I get on ship. What do you'll think?

I know they do this during school times, so do you think there's any chance they will do it again for February sailings? My TA already told me there is NO way to change prices since we are a group, but if it'll save people in my group so much money, I'd prefer they left the group and booked separately. I'll go talk to the concierge once I get on ship. What do you'll think?

It's possible that they will do another kids sail free, but unpredictable. In any case, if you find the prices are better than your group price, you can ask your TA to remove you from the group. However, you may lose some perks when you leave the group.

My kid starts school this year. We are dreading the limits on when we can go on vacation. I have a lot of flexibility with my business so we can take 3 weeks off whenever, etc. But now that he'll be in school, we are so very limited, it sucks. And when we do want to go, everything is packed with kids. I think we'll push the limits on "absences" a bit, we'll see.

So long as your kid doesn't get sick much, you can get away with it until 3rd grade or so. Once they get into middle and high school, it's more of a problem. I have one in special Ed with a lot of health issues so I can't push it, plus he needs to keep his routine anyway. My older one is in a lot of advanced classes so she can't miss class either.

Totally agree! Up until middle school we have had no issues. (When I say issues I refer to the kids being able to keep up with their work). In fact, our school district encourages these "Educational trips". Yes, they know we are going to the grandparents, or the beach, or a cruise etc. The kids create a journal with stories and pictures and present it to the principal of the school upon their return.

If you have a child starting Kindy...maybe reconsider! It will only get harder to take these vacations : )

So long as your kid doesn't get sick much, you can get away with it until 3rd grade or so. Once they get into middle and high school, it's more of a problem. I have one in special Ed with a lot of health issues so I can't push it, plus he needs to keep his routine anyway. My older one is in a lot of advanced classes so she can't miss class either.

Totally agree! Up until middle school we have had no issues. (When I say issues I refer to the kids being able to keep up with their work). In fact, our school district encourages these "Educational trips". Yes, they know we are going to the grandparents, or the beach, or a cruise etc. The kids create a journal with stories and pictures and present it to the principal of the school upon their return.

If you have a child starting Kindy...maybe reconsider! It will only get harder to take these vacations : )

Same thoughts. Last April was the last time we took our kids out of school. Our older one was in grade 5 (and younger one in grade 1). He's a good student, but even he said he didn't like missing so much school...even though he had the best time on Allure.

So....our next vacation is this summer....and we have Symphony booked for March break 2019. I do worry about all the kids...not so much in overall crowds, but the line ups for the slides, rock wall, kids pools, etc.

Having said that...it was very tempting as when I looked yesterday, with the deal Allure and Oasis were $2400 CAD for Canadian Thanksgiving week (cheapest stateroom). But funny enough, when I check today, Oasis is $3400 CAD and Allure is $3188 CAD...so they've gone up (but both still amazing price ). Guess that's Royal for you.

For 3 cruises I took my kids out of school. But next year he's in 4th grade so we decided to just go during fall break. We like it when there are less kids

• 3 weeks later...
They will lower your price if it is before final payment date for your cruise. Otherwise you are out of luck.

I booked with AAA and the agent said she could lower my fare until the day before I cruised. First time I ever heard that.

I didnt feel it was needed in writing because theres no harm if it isn't true and she was incorrect. Worst case scenario I'll still be paying the lowest fare anyone else is who booked before the final pay date. However, I will be interested in seeing if anything can/does change after the final pay date. I think she's wrong but no sense in arguing with her or pressing the matter right now.