One Day in Barcelona

We are staying at the Hilton Del Mar and was wondering if we should use a tour company for the morning half of the day just to get the main sights. I have done on my research for the cruise and have not spent enough time researching Barcelona and I don't want to miss anything I'll regret. The tours mostly say they have line skipping or head of the line passes? How does that work? Is that they only way?

Thank you,

While we were in Barcelona for more than one day, we did take a half day tour the first day as an overview of the city. There are several tours that leave from the Plaza Catalunya. The tour did allow us to by pass a very long line in the hot sun at Familia Sagrada. The guides seem to have group passes that allow you to go to the front of the line. Would imagine other tour companies going to sites that are crowded would have the same kind of ticket. Do leave time to wander Las Ramblas.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Whether you use a tour or do it on your own is simply personal preference. Some travelers (including me) do not like tours and avoid them unless absolutely necessary. And plenty of other travelers love tours and find them the easiest and most efficient way to see the most in the least amount of time. Tours can sometimes get you in busy sites a bit faster. The last time we were at Sagrada Familia, the tour groups had a separate line from those not on tours...although we did get in relatively fast. So with a tour you will wait in line with other tour groups (who also have head of the line passes) but that still might be faster then going on your own...especially if its a busy day.

Hank