Got Questions About MSC Meraviglia?

Editor Gina

I only know the Euro cost which is €24 pppd to upgrade. You may be quoted in your own currency by either MSC (if you book direct) or your TA, but using the exchange rate may give you a rough idea. Everyone in the cabin must upgrade. If you wait 'til you board the ship, an extra 15% service charge will be added to the cost.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

Hello Everybody

Just came back from one week trip from/to Barcelona on the MSC Meraviglia. This is the worst cruise ever done in my last 30 years of cruising.

I was on all kind of cruise companies and ship sizes from the biggest RCCL Harmony to small ones. I also was on MSC Fantasia in the north. I was at that time already kind of disappointed from MSC, but i give a chance again on Meraviglia, but !!! again this is even worse then Fantasia.

The management DOES not do there job and learn from experience. I even had a food poison. There are NO desinfaction facilities .. those few (only saw two places) which are around are empty. The food is 2nd class allways the same and the shows are 3rd class. Even the Cirque du soleil which have to payed are very cheap production. The Information technology is not up to date and even for me as a professional IT i got annoyed of this kind of non client friend "old" style software. How do they expect normal people using this!

Even some of the employees are complaining and informed my about lousy controlle of cleaness and descinfaction facility but NOTHING happen. Management sorry you are very lousy and don't listen to there own employee!!! this is terrible cheap.

I laugh at some of the reviews. Some guests have no clue about cruising, while others have blatant misconceptions.

Not sure what you mean by this. But the majority of the reviews have convinced me to look else where.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello Everybody

Just came back from one week trip from/to Barcelona on the MSC Meraviglia. This is the worst cruise ever done in my last 30 years of cruising.

I was on all kind of cruise companies and ship sizes from the biggest RCCL Harmony to small ones. I also was on MSC Fantasia in the north. I was at that time already kind of disappointed from MSC, but i give a chance again on Meraviglia, but !!! again this is even worse then Fantasia.

The management DOES not do there job and learn from experience. I even had a food poison. There are NO desinfaction facilities .. those few (only saw two places) which are around are empty. The food is 2nd class allways the same and the shows are 3rd class. Even the Cirque du soleil which have to payed are very cheap production. The Information technology is not up to date and even for me as a professional IT i got annoyed of this kind of non client friend "old" style software. How do they expect normal people using this!

Even some of the employees are complaining and informed my about lousy controlle of cleaness and descinfaction facility but NOTHING happen. Management sorry you are very lousy and don't listen to there own employee!!! this is terrible cheap.

Agreed, got off last Friday (0202) at Barcelona. This is the first time after 3 days and I wanted to go home.

1, Buffet - 7 day same food, no hot food, everything is warm or cold. Coffee is like horse pee. One day food is so salty, and other just no tastes.

2, Entertainment - Same dance own company production just different costume. The dancer did good job but ..

3, Virtual - nothing new, the one in Vegas more action pack with 3D sound

4, Restaurant - below average, cold food even it serve quickly (prepared well ahead of time), quality, presentation or tastes. However, I have to say good service from all the people working to make a nice vacation.

5, Elevator button panel placed behind people's back in mid section. Why not even set it up all the way in the back wall. No one can reach it when the elevator is full.

and more.......

Agreed, got off last Friday (0202) at Barcelona. This is the first time after 3 days and I wanted to go home.

1, Buffet - 7 day same food, no hot food, everything is warm or cold. Coffee is like horse pee. One day food is so salty, and other just no tastes.

2, Entertainment - Same dance own company production just different costume. The dancer did good job but ..

3, Virtual - nothing new, the one in Vegas more action pack with 3D sound

4, Restaurant - below average, cold food even it serve quickly (prepared well ahead of time), quality, presentation or tastes. However, I have to say good service from all the people working to make a nice vacation.

5, Elevator button panel placed behind people's back in mid section. Why not even set it up all the way in the back wall. No one can reach it when the elevator is full.

and more.......

Wow the number of bad reviews is stacking up - booked for March 18 and a bit concerned to say the least. Anyone out there with a good review to cheer me up ?

Wow the number of bad reviews is stacking up - booked for March 18 and a bit concerned to say the least. Anyone out there with a good review to cheer me up ?

Try this one

http://www.cruisingmates.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=270&t=12438

I was in the YC, which I found had some problems as well as reviewing other aspects of the ship

Sorry to have to burst your happiness bubble but you've been given duff info.

Cirque shows are NOT included in the cruise fare and are an added cost item.

this is from the online brochure

cirque.jpg

Pete

Yes, Pete is correct, they have two different packages but neither are included. I believe they have a meal and show package or drinks and show package. I would recommend, it was a great show when we were on board! I saw this review the other day which I thought covered it nicely - http://seeninthecity.co.uk/2017/12/05/msc-cruises-cirque-du-soleil-msc-meraviglia/.

Yes, Pete is correct, they have two different packages but neither are included. I believe they have a meal and show package or drinks and show package. I would recommend, it was a great show when we were on board! I saw this review the other day which I thought covered it nicely - http://seeninthecity.co.uk/2017/12/05/msc-cruises-cirque-du-soleil-msc-meraviglia/.

You are correct in that the are two show packages

1) meal and show

2) cocktail and show

The meal and show guests are allowed into the theatre 1 hr before start time and have tables behind the seats (5 or 6 rows ) for the cocktail and show guests, who are permitted to go in 30 minutes before the show starts.

Pete