First Cruise After Dry Dock

tekzilla

Very close to pulling the trigger on a Conquest cruise out of FLL on October 14th, looks like an awesome itinerary. Doing my research I just found out that this will be the first sailing following their scheduled dry dock. Is there any reason to worry about the ship not being ready and the cruise being cancelled? Or is that something that very rarely ever happens...

They should be done with 95% of the work. They may be doing little things here or there, but nothing that should ruin your cruise.

Highly unlikely anything like the Glory incident would happen again.:'):')

I say go for it!

I have heard of delays that recently a ship didn't leave until 10pm but I think they said it was weather related. I have heard it can be a little disorganized as new staff figures out the updated ship. This is all heresay though, no personal experience.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Like Bmetz34, I have no personal experience in this but over the years have read enough reports/reviews from folks that have done it to decide we will stay away from the last cruise prior to a dry dock and first cruise afterward. Those reports are likely in the minority however we choose not to chance it. Also, I seriously doubt the cruise would be cancelled but it could be late departing FLL.

Edited by joepeka

It is very rare that the first sailing of a ship out of scheduled dry dock will be cancelled. Sometimes, works involve refurbishment that may continue while sailing, if not finished on dry dock.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Years ago we sailed on the Sensation in one of the new balcony cabins (where they bolted them on the side). We made out really well with OBC as the balconies weren't finished and they had to work on them every day, if you are pretty relaxed its no problem

We were on The Dream end of February on the second week after dry dock. No problems. They were still doing some minor work here and there but was not a problem. Was like being on an almost new ship.

It is best to avoid the first cruise after a major drydock. After a standard minor one, the worst that normally happens is what others before me have said. There may be a few workers on board to do last-minute finishes. Canceling a cruise is very expensive for the company so it almost never happens.

They should be done with 95% of the work. They may be doing little things here or there, but nothing that should ruin your cruise.

Highly unlikely anything like the Glory incident would happen again.:'):')

I say go for it!

I wouldn't chance it. I assume that Conquest will be getting waterworks as well so it will likely take the same amount of time. Conquest may be getting Serenity also which could even result in a longer worktime than Glory. Victory also had lots of work post drydock.