Emailed the Maitre D', and no response- is that standard protocol?

Hi everyone!

Leaving in just over a week on the Pride and so, SO excited!

I emailed the Maitre D' almost a week ago and never heard anything back from him. I just wanted to request that our party of 7 be seated by ourselves, with a highchair, and possibly by a window if that was an option. I explained that we are sailing with two small kids and that if there is wait team that is known to do well with little ones, to please place us there.

I didn't specifically ask for a response, I just kind of assumed he might confirm that it had been received even if he could not accommodate our requests.

What is anyone else's experience with this? Thank you so much!

They are not required to respond, so some do and some don't. I always email the maitre'd with my seating requests and I would say that I get a response about 75% of the time. That being said, I have ALWAYS gotten the seating arrangements that I asked for, response or not, :cool:

It's my understanding that Carnival doesn't want people emailing the maitre d'. It's kind of hit or miss. Some help and respond, while others prefer guests to do the standard wait in line on embarkation day to do special table requests. I've had luck contacting John Heald on his Facebook page 2 or 3 days prior to sailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I got a response a few days before sailing and I emailed about 2 weeks prior to sailing. I didn't really expect one but it was nice to have the request acknowledged. We asked for a large table with other for my friend and I and it was perfect.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Thank you! I feel the same way. Maybe I'll hear something yet. [emoji4]

They are not required to respond, so some do and some don't. I always email the maitre'd with my seating requests and I would say that I get a response about 75% of the time. That being said, I have ALWAYS gotten the seating arrangements that I asked for, response or not, :cool:

That's reassuring! Thanks Jamman. Hope to bump into you on the Pride one day! [emoji4]

It's my understanding that Carnival doesn't want people emailing the maitre d'. It's kind of hit or miss. Some help and respond, while others prefer guests to do the standard wait in line on embarkation day to do special table requests. I've had luck contacting John Heald on his Facebook page 2 or 3 days prior to sailing.

That's probably true. I should likely follow the rules a little better! [emoji4] when you reach out to John Heald, do you post on his wall or send him a private message through FB? Thanks!

That's probably true. I should likely follow the rules a little better! [emoji4] when you reach out to John Heald, do you post on his wall or send him a private message through FB? Thanks!

Post on his wall about 2-3 days before with your cabin number and request. He always has someone monitoring for these requests. We like a table for 2 and he always helps.

Post on his wall about 2-3 days before with your cabin number and request. He always has someone monitoring for these requests. We like a table for 2 and he always helps.

Duh - and the name of your ship. I forgot :rolleyes:

I don't know why email would be frowned upon.

If I were assigning 2124 guests seating , using the Pride as an example, I would want all the request I could possible have prior to sailing. Otherwise I would have to assign and then move after the first day. IMHO, twice the work.

I would expect that you will all be seated together without others at your table without making a request as long as your cabins and reservations are linked together. Your travel agent or PVP or Carnival can do that for you and should be done prior to sailing if possible. The request for a window may or may not be granted depending on the layout of the dining room. Most that I have been on have tables for 2 or 4 in front of the windows with the larger tables more centrally located in the room or in the upper level near the entrances.

Same here.

I would expect that you will all be seated together without others at your table without making a request as long as your cabins and reservations are linked together. Your travel agent or PVP or Carnival can do that for you and should be done prior to sailing if possible. The request for a window may or may not be granted depending on the layout of the dining room. Most that I have been on have tables for 2 or 4 in front of the windows with the larger tables more centrally located in the room or in the upper level near the entrances.

This is true. We had a group of 10 on the Pride. I thought we'd be stuck at one of those large tables in the middle, but the Pride has long tables for 8-10 placed around the outside and in front of the windows. It was wonderful! I'd post a photo of our table, but I don't like to post family photos online. It was wonderful, though. We also had tables by the window when we went together for a sea day brunch and to eat breakfast in the MDR in Freeport.

I always email the maitre'd and get a response about 50% of the time, but always get my request fulfilled.

Just check your sail and sign cards when you get them to make sure you all have the same table.

Good luck!

Brad

I don't know why email would be frowned upon.

If I were assigning 2124 guests seating , using the Pride as an example, I would want all the request I could possible have prior to sailing. Otherwise I would have to assign and then move after the first day. IMHO, twice the work.

Good point! I guess they wouldn't release the email address if they didn't want people to use it. [emoji848]

Thank you for the response. We are all linked together already so that should help. It's just a little easier to be more out of the way with the little ones I've found, so hopefully it will work out that way!

This is true. We had a group of 10 on the Pride. I thought we'd be stuck at one of those large tables in the middle, but the Pride has long tables for 8-10 placed around the outside and in front of the windows. It was wonderful! I'd post a photo of our table, but I don't like to post family photos online. It was wonderful, though. We also had tables by the window when we went together for a sea day brunch and to eat breakfast in the MDR in Freeport.

Yay! This gets my hopes way up! [emoji3]

Either way...sitting anywhere on a cruise is better than in my kitchen and having to clean up after myself, ha ha.

Where do you even get the maitre d's email address

You can just search this forum, but it seems that there is a two letter code for each ship, then the name of the employee you are seeking, then @carnival.com. So, for the Pride it was prmaitred@carnival.com I believe.

I always email the maitre'd and get a response about 50% of the time, but always get my request fulfilled.

Just check your sail and sign cards when you get them to make sure you all have the same table.

Good luck!

Brad

Thanks so much!