Carnival's Rendezvous Caye tour just seemed to disappear?

RW20

I am trying to figure out what to do in Belize. Ideally I want an excursion with snorkeling that will pick me up at the ship so I can save time not having to tender. Basically I don't want to go to the mainland.

The snorkeling at Rendezvous looked like a good option and now it is gone. There are some sharks and rays tours but how safe are they? I have two boys who will be 12 & 10 and don't want them to freak out. Anyone done this with kids?

If you don't have anything useful to say then don't bother responding. If you had been on one of these and could provide insight then that would be infinitely more helpful than your comment!

do you really think the cruise line is going to schedule unsafe tours? Maybe best you stay on the ship.

If you don't have anything useful to say then don't bother responding. If you had been on one of these and could provide insight then that would be infinitely more helpful than your comment!

Okay you win the cruise line does schedule unsafe tours

The shark/ray tours are generally safe (w/ caveat: as safe as a supervised water activity can be).

The Nurse Sharks and Rays are of fair size and could be a little intimidating to younger children w/ limited experience snorkeling and/or being in the water around such types of ocean fauna. It could either be an exciting experience or an unnerving one. Either way, memorable.

That stated, the creatures are very docile and accustomed to sharing the water with tourists on a daily basis. They are tame and primarily interested in the food scraps being tossed to them.

It might serve you to see if there is an age limit for the tours being offered. I think a 10 and/or 12 y.o. could handle it depending on their confidence in the water. Of course, getting into the water is optional and the creatures can also be viewed from the boat as well.

As an aside. Speaking of feeding the residents. Don't feed the trolls. This particular Belize board has attracted one for whatever reason.