Christmas/New Year Cruising

Jazul

Can anyone who cruised Regal Princess last year during Christmas and/or New Years tell me if there was a huge increase in children on the ship, to a point of it being annoying if you are not used to a lot of them running around? We have booked back to back this year and hubby is not sure if he can handle it. I'm trying to talk him into not cancelling. Please help.

Can anyone who cruised Regal Princess last year during Christmas and/or New Years tell me if there was a huge increase in children on the ship, to a point of it being annoying if you are not used to a lot of them running around? We have booked back to back this year and hubby is not sure if he can handle it. I'm trying to talk him into not cancelling. Please help.

We have gone away cruising every Christmas/New Year for many years - and because it is school holiday time there are lots of families and therefore an increase of children BUT honestly we NEVER see them as they are always in the Kids Zone - only time they are seen is when Santa arrives or they are putting on a little show. SO tell Hubby not to worry himself, all will be well and you will have the most amazing time!!!!!! ENJOY, you will regret it if you cancel :cool:

Of course there is.

There is an increase in kids, but seems to be more families traveling in groups, so I found the kids were well behaved and supervised. Of course there was the Santa Visit, but that was to be expected. It was a cruise not to be missed! Enjoy!

We have done several cruises over the holiday season with another one booked for this Christmas & New Year (Nieuw Amsterdam) they are a lot of fun and it is neat to see the small children getting to see Santa.We can say that we have not been bothered by the amount of children on board and there a lot of places on ship that you can find a quiet place to read or do nothing

In the evening on Christmas Eve they have carolling in the Piatzza with the crew and passengers with fake snow falling and on New Years Eve they put on a great party out side under Mutts.

Have Fun & Enjoy.:D

We were on the Regal last New Years. There were some children, the only time I saw them was out around the pool. It did not impact our cruise at all. We had 8:00 dining time. I don't remember any children in the MDR at that time. We went to the late show in the theatre. I don't recall seeing any small children at that time. If you choose the later dining in the MDR and the late shows you should have no problems. There are probably more children on the Christmas cruise than the New Years cruise. We are already booked on the Regal leaving 12/28/17 for this year. It will sale out if you want to go on one of these cruises, I would book soon.

I have sailed both holidays for years back to back, including on the Regal since its opened. Yes there is a huge increase of children onboard, however the kids programs onboard does such a lovely job with them, that you really don;t hear or see many of them. Obviously you will see some, but they have always been very well behaved in my opinion. I'm a school teacher, so from my perspective, its not a problem at all.

We've taken several cruises over Christmas and New Year's. There are more kids at Christmas than New Year's. Shorter cruises (week-long or less) have more than longer cruises. The only ship where kids were a real problem to us was on the Sun Princess--where there's not an adult-only pool away from the other pools.