Fast Question, Dream

jakeT

Every ship in the Carnival fleet has the Hub app up and running now.

However, the Hub app isn't how you communicate back home. You can use the Hub app to chat with others on board, for a $5 fee per device, per sailing. That doesn't let you chat with people back home however. You can purchase the Hub apps chat feature without purchasing any internet plan, and vice-versa.

Edited by teknoge3k
Fixed typo

Does the Dream have the Internet Hub up and running ?

Going on the Dream June 4, and want to know if I can use the social plan to stay in touch with family

Yes! It is awesome. Have it already loaded on your device and when you get on the ship hit the I'm on the ship button. Best part of it is you can star your favorites and it will text you a reminder (all that is free) to go to the show or whatever you starred as a favorite.

And by staying in touch with family you mean on the ship...yes! It is $5 for each person and you can text back and forth. It will not allow you to talk with those at home. To do that you need the social internet package and it is $5 a day or a discount if you buy the whole cruise (ours was $30 for a 7 night cruise). With that you can log onto facebook/messenger/etc social sites and communicate back home.

It's buying the social internet plan for $5 a day or so much for the week, that gives you the use of Facebook type of apps. When on the Vista I could used iMessage also. I could post pictures and do Facebook messenger. So I could keep in contact with family and friends. With out paying $2 a minute for phone calls or $.50 a text