Mediterranean Cruise in July / August

billydog

We did a Mediterranean cruise this past December. 12th thru the 19th. The weather was absolutely beautiful. Never wore my winter jacket. Just a light weight jacket. My friend has a home in Rome and she warned me about the summer heat and that a lot of places either don't have air or the air is not great. I am not a fan of the heat.

And she also warned me about the crowds in the summer. There were still crowds at the touristy sites but not as bad as summer. Plus the cruise and airfare were cheaper in December. What a great trip. I want to go back. Enjoy!!!

Very very hot! Even Sept. would hate you to always have that impression. Go anytime rather than July, Aug, early Sept. only positive? The days are LONG!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know why I'm subscribed to this insane thread: it's a thread asking how intense the weather is during July and August and people keep posting to go in December, November,etc. So not helpful!!

Let's try this-- Italy summer 2015 for 16 days. I HAD to go July/August. The heat was a challenge and there were record high temps. My post-land tour cruise to Greece was actually welcome, as being on the ship was nicer than on land. I had the non-alcoholic drink package and took 4-5 bottles of water off on each excursion (and managed to drink them). My travel companion said "love ya, but not going with you again until you retire". Bottom line-- the weather is pretty unpleasant but if this is the only time you can go-- then go!! And hopefully the "just go in November" posters will just go away.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't know why I'm subscribed to this insane thread: it's a thread asking how intense the weather is during July and August and people keep posting to go in December, November,etc. So not helpful!!

Let's try this-- Italy summer 2015 for 16 days. I HAD to go July/August. The heat was a challenge and there were record high temps. My post-land tour cruise to Greece was actually welcome, as being on the ship was nicer than on land. I had the non-alcoholic drink package and took 4-5 bottles of water off on each excursion (and managed to drink them). My travel companion said "love ya, but not going with you again until you retire". Bottom line-- the weather is pretty unpleasant but if this is the only time you can go-- then go!! And hopefully the "just go in November" posters will just go away.

It's true: someone asking if the Med is bearable in July/August is usually not asking because they're trying to choose between the heat and crowds of July/August vs. the moderate temperatures and moderate crowds of the off-season. Usually the choice is between going in July/August vs. not going at all.

That's the choice for me, at least: I can suck it up and deal with the heat and crowds in July . . . or I can wait 20 years for retirement.

I'm not going to wait 20 years.