Still packing!

mpp1031

Leaving in ~8-hours on Galaxy from Galveston. First cruise. Still packing at 3AM. Probably taking WAY too much stuff, but... eh, whatever.

Ugh.

I'm sure the whole experience is worth the hardship of packing. I wonder if (like many other crazy things people do for a living) there are people that "pack" professionally. Folks have housekeepers, groundskeepers, etc. For the right price, could someone pack for you?!

I'm certainly not (nor will I ever be) in a financial position to offer anyone that particular position, so for me, I guess it doesn't matter--- but I would *BET* someone out there has done that.

It is a rite of passage, over packing on ones first cruise. Our first was 7 days, our next 14, I bet we will be taking fewer things on this next one.

Yes, it's wroth it. Have a great cruise!

My guess it that for the 7 night you packed enough for 14 nights.

I packed everything I own for my 10/31 Galaxy cruise, then removed about half. I wore almost everything I packed and made it under the airline radar both ways. So it wasn't too bad.

MPP10/31...Have a wonderful time on the Galaxy; she's still a grand lady and just fits in the locks. Get up in the dark and watch from the beginning. If you don't mind seeing "where you have been" get a spot aft; you get to sit and have a table with an umbrella if it is sunny. If you are forward, you will be standing for hours. It is a blast watching the ships following you.

Someone posted on these boards that you lay out all the clothes you are taking and all the money you are taking, then half the clothes and double the money.;)

mpp1031, have a great cruise. I did that one last year and loved it. Good advice from Carole. If you want a good view of the locks up close and personal, go aft. Decks 9, 10 were very quiet there too.

Phil

Archived