NCL Dining Packages

holmwood

I wish to buy a 5 day dining package for NCL Star. Two restaurants are a la carte that is to say individual pricing, some dishes are $16 and some are $25. So my question how much of an allowance is given to each meal on your package ?

On ringing NCL , which was an unhelpful experience , I was informed that a separate menu was used which included one starter and one main course. Can anyone advise me

It's the same menu. You can order any main dish, regardless of the price, but only one. Everything else on the menu is in theory unlimited, in practice some ships occasionally try to impose additional restrictions, and there may be physical limits involving your digestive capacity.

IOn ringing NCL , which was an unhelpful experience , I was informed that a separate menu was used which included one starter and one main course. Can anyone advise me

The information your received is incorrect. You order off the regular menu. And order whatever you want (only one entree).

We were at Cagney's steakhouse last month. A typical order was

Shrimp Cocktail $8

Baked Potato Soup $3

Caesar Salad $4

Porterhouse Steak $25

Baked Potato $2

Mushrooms $2

Apple Crisp $5

Total without SDP: $57.82 (including mandatory 18% gratuity)

The information your received is incorrect. You order off the regular menu. And order whatever you want (only one entree).

We were at Cagney's steakhouse last month. A typical order was

Shrimp Cocktail $8

Baked Potato Soup $3

Caesar Salad $4

Porterhouse Steak $25

Baked Potato $2

Mushrooms $2

Applearrow-10x10.png Crisp $5

Total without SDP: $57.82 (including mandatory 18% gratuity)

Hi BirdTravels: The 5 day package cost $99 can't see how they will let you spend $58 on one meal

Hi BirdTravels The 5 day package costs $99 ( ie five meals)so I can't see how they will let you spend $58 on one meal

That's how it works. And that's why it is a great deal.

The order above was similar to an order we made 3 weeks ago on the Jewel using the SDP. We also had a similar order with the tomahawk ribeye which is $38 vs the $25 in the example.

d719a8a5606455c7d22a1e13a4207ef6.jpg

3e97dc913e637e0fc67672114becfdc9.jpg

a656e0f862b88aab13ff26f43426071d.jpg

b9f40a1824bdf7f7efa2471e8fdf17fe.jpg

Edited by BirdTravels

Here is the pricing : https://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages/dining-packages

Here are the details : https://www.ncl.com/specialty-dining-package/faq

We have a 3rd guest traveling with us. We get 6 meals covered on a 10 day cruise. Trying to figure out is 3rd person should buy the package or just pay per night. Are the speciality all "a la carte" or do some just have a fixed charge. The main reason for asking is we often do not do the speciality even if covered. buffet and MDR seem to work pretty well.

Here is the pricing : https://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages/dining-packages

Here are the details : https://www.ncl.com/specialty-dining-package/faq

We have a 3rd guest traveling with us. We get 6 meals covered on a 10 day cruise. Trying to figure out is 3rd person should buy the package or just pay per night. Are the speciality all "a la carte" or do some just have a fixed charge. The main reason for asking is we often do not do the speciality even if covered. buffet and MDR seem to work pretty well.

Not all are a la carte. See the guide - https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Dining_Guide.pdf

You can check menus to see if it would be worth it but depends on the person you are travelling with and their appetite.

Hi BirdTravels The 5 day package costs $99 ( ie five meals)so I can't see how they will let you spend $58 on one meal

BirdTravels is correct, I sailed in March and had a very similar meal using the package. It was delicious and can't wait to do it again in Feb. They limit you to one entree, but there is no special menu for people with a dining package.

Not all are a la carte. See the guide - https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Dining_Guide.pdf

You can check menus to see if it would be worth it but depends on the person you are travelling with and their appetite.

the Sister is a Vegan, so fairly limited choices of course. Thanks for link above, but trying to find menus for Jade.

On a related not - we both get drinks package, but she is not which is fine. One glass of wine a day is alot for her. We make up for it... lol (yes, we are in a suite, so no requirement for 3rd person to buy it)

the Sister is a Vegan, so fairly limited choices of course. Thanks for link above, but trying to find menus for Jade.

On a related not - we both get drinks package, but she is not which is fine. One glass of wine a day is alot for her. We make up for it... lol (yes, we are in a suite, so no requirement for 3rd person to buy it)

Vegan in specialty will be even more limited. Specialty menus are pretty standard across the line. I sailed Jade in January & menus were pretty close to what are being posted for Breakaway and others. If she's vegan, I don't think I would bother with the SDP but instead just speak to maître d or waiters who may be able to accommodate her with something amazing that is off menu - same in the MDRs.

Been on escape 2x, getaway 1 in past 9 months and never seen a 5 day pkg for $99. A 3 meal SDP is $98 including 18% tip.

Where can i get the 5 for $99 as we are going on escape in nov.

That is why the SDP is a good deal. If we hadn't had the plan, each of our specialty restaurant meals would have cost anywhere from $45 to $55 each. With the plan our bill showed $0 each time since the SDP covered meal.

Been on escape 2x, getaway 1 in past 9 months and never seen a 5 day pkg for $99. A 3 meal SDP is $98 including 18% tip.

Where can i get the 5 for $99 as we are going on escape in nov.

I am wrong!!! With the 18% the meals are:

3 meal is $81.42

4 meal is 99.12

5 meal is 116.82

We had the 4 meal pkgs.

Sorry.