Koningsdam lounge entertainment options

Dunk

I just returned from a cruise that offered Music Walk. I was disappointed that it only consisted of three groups and an occasional pianist. Planning to sail on Koningsdam and an wondering that since it is a larger ship, are there additional musical entertaining offerings or is it just Music Walk?

I just returned from a cruise that offered Music Walk. I was disappointed that it only consisted of three groups and an occasional pianist. Planning to sail on Koningsdam and an wondering that since it is a larger ship, are there additional musical entertaining offerings or is it just Music Walk?

We thought that the Music Walk on the Eurodam was a step up. There were two pianists, a full ensemble for the BB King shows (two vocalists, keyboards, bass and lead guitar, sax, trumpet, and drums) and the Lincoln Center Stage quintet is a much, much improved option over the old string duo.

Have you considered Carnival or Royal Caribbean? They might be more your speed. DW and I are in our early 50s, so perhaps you have different tastes?

I agree, the three groups were great. Just asking to see what additional offerings there are.

I think that you'll find that RCL and CCL will have many more options to meet your needs. It's all about balance. If you want entertainment galore, go Royal or Carnival. You'll be happier.

I agree, the three groups were great. Just asking to see what additional offerings there are.

No additional offerings! :( On Kdam there was no Music in Billboard until 9:15 p.m. because of the location across from Lincoln Center. BB King on our last Kdam cruise started up at 8:00 p.m. On the TA in the Fall in started up at 9:00 p.m. The Pianist was in Ocean Bar but hard finding a seat!

POA1 is correct that Carnival and RCL offer so much more in the Entertainment area especially Lounge Music. My Daughter is on Carnival Miracle (she's 3 Star on HAL, Platinum on Carnival) and read the list of pre-dinner/post-dinner Music starting at 5:15 p.m. and continuing on with the customary breaks. They offer that in three locations! They have a Duo in the Atrium where people (age 40, 50, 60 and up) are up and dancing, Guitar Player in Red Frog Pub and a Group playing in Alchemy Bar! In addition, there are many other additions later in the Evening including the Piano Bar, etc. If you are considering a similar Itinerary that both HAL and Carnival offer, you'll pay less on Carnival and get more bang for your buck in the Entertainment area.

We enjoyed pre-dinner cocktails in the Ocean Bar listening to the pianist, or at The Lincoln Center Stage listening to the wonderful quintet. This worked well with our late dining.

After dinner we would either go to BB King or the World Stage show-always plenty of lively music and lots of seats at 10 pm.

Never quite got into Billboard.

The two piano players played better than they sang, and we found their back and forth banter a bit silly. We only went there once.

This was plenty of evening musical entertainment for us.

The only thing missing was the rocking piano bar we have enjoyed on previous HAL cruises.

Yes I was on the Oosterdam.

We were on Odam this past September. When we sailed her they had Billboard at 7:15 p.m. and also had a Happy Hour at that time. It was a great place for us to go and have a pre-dinner drink since we do Late Seating.

Did they still do this when you were onboard? We are booked on Odam again in the Fall.

Thanks!