Premium Coffee

Deluxe package states it includes premium coffee and tea does that mean espresso drinks or do you need to also purchase the cafe select coffee card?

The Deluxe package and coffee card include the same coffee/tea drinks.

• 1 month later...

If the refreshment and deluxe packages include the same specialty espresso-based coffees ("Premium Coffee"), why would anyone purchase a Cafe Select Coffee Card which costs more and only includes 15 drinks???

If the refreshment and deluxe packages include the same specialty espresso-based coffees ("Premium Coffee"), why would anyone purchase a Cafe Select Coffee Card which costs more and only includes 15 drinks???

The coffee card would be for those who do not purchase any beverage packages. The coffee card can also be shared with other guests, which is different than the beverage packages.

The Deluxe package and coffee card include the same coffee/tea drinks.

We had the Deluxe package on Freedom 4-11 June and id does include premium coffee.

Having said that the premium coffee outlet on promenade cafe there coffee and hot chocolate were only slightly better than the machine in promenade cafe.

Fortunately we also had the option of CL and DL to get nice coffee and satchets of hot chocolate.

Is Cafe Promenade the only place on Allure of the Seas to grab a quick specialty espresso-based coffee (besides Starbucks, which is not included in the beverage packages)?

Is Cafe Promenade the only place on Allure of the Seas to grab a quick specialty espresso-based coffee (besides Starbucks, which is not included in the beverage packages)?

Also restaurants and Park Cafe.

With the Coffe Card, it is a one-off purchase, not a daily charge. If you are only wanting to purchase coffees it's actually better value than purchasing them individually.

With the Coffe Card, it is a one-off purchase, not a daily charge. If you are only wanting to purchase coffees it's actually better value than purchasing them individually.

The so called premium coffees i got were no better than the coffee machine.

• 1 month later...
can you get iced coffee or cappuccino anywhere with the drink package ?

Varies by ship. Cappuccino is available at restaurants and specialty coffee venue(s). Iced coffee may only be available at the specialty coffee venue(s).

Thanks. Park Cafe as well?

Also, is it the cost of the card, plus 18% tip, plus VAT? How much is that? We've cruised with Princess several times in Europe (not in the last two years) and I was surprised to hear that they were charged VAT on the Brilliance earlier this summer.

We're also paying the US exchange so I need to decide if it's worth it for us. :confused:

Thanks again. Do you know about the VAT charge?

Every time I try to understand the VAT charges on cruises I get a headache. I think if your cruise starts in a country that charges VAT and all ports visited charge VAT, then you will get charged.

Every time I try to understand the VAT charges on cruises I get a headache. I think if your cruise starts in a country that charges VAT and all ports visited charge VAT, then you will get charged.

Thats correct you only need to stop at 1 duty free island or port to avoid having VAT added.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app