Best snorkeling of these?

Susa

We spent our honeymoon in Ocho Rios - and while it's a lovely place - I don't think the snorkling in Ocho Rios is anything to brag about. The water tends to be more cloudy ( told this was because of the fresh water entering the ocean from the streams here ...eight rivers......ocho rios). You'd probably enjoy a visit to Dunns River Falls more in this port - or a horse back ride......we're water people - and love to dive & snorkle - just wouldn't rate OR very high at all.

Need to know which is best places as far as scenery for snorkeling:

Ocho Rios, Jamaica

Puerto Limon, Costa Rica Colon, Panama

Oranjestad, Aruba

Thanks!!

I would pick Aruba.

I don't even know if you can snorkel anywhere in Puerta Limon. I haven't seen anything written up on it.

Ocho Rios is not known for snorkeling and I heard the same thing that slsmartin posted, visability is not great.

Forget Colon, Panama.

Of these I would select Aruba, preferably DePalm Island. I loved the snorkeling here, much better than over the freighter in the harbor. The water is crystal clear with lots of coral and fish.

The snorkeling in Ocho Rios was bad, to put it mildly. The reef was dead and covered with sea urchins. The guides wanted you to follow them everywhere, then demanded a tip for the poor excursion they provided.

I've never been snorkeling in any of the other locations.

Archived