Cirque du Soleil new season

bvprcruiser

That is good news, what we saw on the Constellation TA was some silly thing in the lounge. Most of us stayed just a little bit, just not a good show.

If they show the real thing, that will be wonderful.

We did Constellation from 29th October to 10th November 2005.

Cirque du Soleil did a stage show NOT the character portrayal in the Bar on the Edge of the earth.

The stage show was fantastic.

Who performs? Are there the same characters than before? Where is the show? Do you need to wear white masks?

There was NO WHITE BALL. The show was in the theatre and lasted about 45 minutes. There were the 6 peformers. They couldn't bring others, it was just those on board. The lounge hasn't been restored but will be. The character performance in the lounge is FINISHED.

We did Constellation out of Cape Liberty sailing 29th October and it was during that cruise the Captain told us he was pushing Miami to get Cirque du Soleil to do a stage show in the theatre as the performance in the Bar at the Edge of the Earth wasn't very popular !

He announced later in the cruise that it would happen.

It did near the end of the cruise ... maybe it was a one off.

I saw a crowd of TAs doing a tour. Guess you were maybe among them.

The new Cirque du Soleil format certainly worked for us.

Prior to our sailing there had been a RCL press release stating that they were dropping the Cirque du Soleil as it wasn't proving to be popular and our Constellation sailing was to be the last performance .. guess that changed !!

X and CdS have a 6 year contract... so... although the first iteration of the CdS "experience" wasn't successful, they weren't about to drop CdS entirely.

The Sales rep that showed us around was very reluctant to speak about the test case, until we proved to her that we knew more about the new format than she did ... ;)

I was on the 11/10 sailing. The show was awesome. They had a masquerade party afterwards at the Bar at the Edge of the Earth. No wandering characters though. During the day, you can see outside without any problems. I really like what they did with the Bar. I liked Reflections but its a great job they've done. I can't get why people hate it so much. It could be an age thing. I'm in my mid thirties and live in NYC. You'd pay an awful lot to go to something like this in NYC.

I was on the 11/10 sailing. The show was awesome. They had a masquerade party afterwards at the Bar at the Edge of the Earth. No wandering characters though. During the day, you can see outside without any problems. I really like what they did with the Bar. I liked Reflections but its a great job they've done. I can't get why people hate it so much. It could be an age thing. I'm in my mid thirties and live in NYC. You'd pay an awful lot to go to something like this in NYC.

Waylook .. hope we left the ship in good shape for you

Glad to hear your positive response .. I agree, awesome seems to be right.

Archived