Can a big ship give me the relaxation I want?

msmayor

<snip> I do want to warn you of 1 thing: the balconies on NCL ships are very small. This has never bothered us, as long as there is room for a small table for coffee or drinks and a couple of chairs for relaxing and reading we are fine, but some people has a problem with the size of the balconies.

That is not true of all NCL ships and balconies.

I agree with some previous posters - look into the Haven, I think that is your best bet for a relaxing time on a ship of that size.

I am very much like you in that I love promenade decks, quiet spots out of the sun, set time dinners with a glass of wine, traditional shows, etc. But in addition, I also really love exploring ships and finding out every nook and corner of every ship. And frankly that last one is the main reason I am able to enjoy most large ships. I like staying in a suite on a quiet deck and exploring the rest of the ship at my leisure.

Edited by genegri

Escape Vibe is very relaxing, if you can get the passes.

Spa was fantastic!

You can find quiet spots along the waterfront.

Pool are crazy crowded, just avoid it.

Deck 19 outside Vibe seemed more laid back.

MDR just walk up put your name in and wait. Enjoy a cocktail at the bar between the 2.

Factor in time of year & it might not be so crowded. If you know you want to eat at 8pm each night, you can make yourself reservations for whichever specialty restaurants at 90 days out. No need for reservations in the included restaurants.

If you are looking at a balcony, check prices for an aft or a spa balcony. The aft balconies are larger & the Spa cabins include the spa pass.

I've been able to have a relaxing cruise even when sailing in the peak of summer or at Christmas. And every cruise is different! Sometimes the crowds are in unexpected places.

Escape waterfront deck does not go all the way around but if you start in the front of the ship, you can walk all the way around the aft and back & then cut in through the doors to the other side...or you can just turn around & go back.

That suite looks amazing but it's small compared to the Garden Villas on Dawn and Star!

But which would you rather be in for 7 days? :p

I didn't know that the Garden Villa had a piano. I know that the Regent Suite has a $500k Steinway and a $150k bed....plus it's own spa in the suite...

Regent_Suite_Spa_Suite-970x683.jpg

...I'll take that!

But which would you rather be in for 7 days? :p

I didn't know that the Garden Villa had a piano. I know that the Regent Suite has a $500k Steinway and a $150k bed....plus it's own spa in the suite...

Regent_Suite_Spa_Suite-970x683.jpg

...I'll take that!

Probably the Regent Suite!

Do you know if it has a nice outside space?

Do you know if it has a nice outside space?

It doesn't look like it does. :(

It wraps around the front of the ship but other than loungers and tables, there isn't much there except for a small whirlpool tub.

I'd find a way to survive with the lame balcony.