Transfer from Port Canaveral to Sanford airport???

waterbugohio

Anyone ever transfer from Port Canaveral to Sanford airport??

Are there transfer companies that service Sanford airport, or am I better off doing a Uber??

Also, what type of time would you allow??

I can get a extremely cheap flight into my local airport for the way home after my cruise.

The flight is at 12:40, which means I would like to be at the airport by 10:30. would this be a problem if I did a self walk off??

(PS. Yes I've flown allegiant before, so I don't need opinions on how bad of airline they are)

Drive time to Sanford is a little more than to MCO -- about 1:15+ compared to 50 or so minutes to MCO.

You do not have time to mess around with a one way rental car. I would check with Cocoa Beach Shuttle, CorTrans and the other popular transfer companies for options and fares.

As long as you carry your bags off you should be able to get there in time for your flight.

Have a great cruise! :cool:

For an 11:30 flight you need to be at Sanford by 10 - and by 9:30 is better. With the drive taking 75+ minutes that translates into off the ship, with bags, and clear of customs/immigration NLT about 8:15-8:45.

If you can carry all of your bags off, and if there are no delays, and if you have arranged for private transport (no time to wait for a shuttle to fill) then you probably can make it - but you have no flex in your schedule for delays :eek:

Do you want to spend your cruise worried about making your flight home? :confused: I prefer to avoid stress and would choose a flight leaving after 12:30-1:00, but it is your call.

Good luck! :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

I think an 11:30 flight from Sanford is easily doable. We did it last summer using Orlando Sanford Airport shuttle and had no issues at all. Plus the driver/owner was awesome and used backroads to avoid any traffic.

Edited by caugh51654
typo