Soot issues on Oasis

I had a favorite dress come home from a Celebrity cruise with soot spots. Does Oasis seem to have this issue? If so, any areas where it is more problematic? If looking, can you see it to avoid it?

We had an Aquatheatre suite at the back of the ship and soot was definitely a problem. Huge balcony but loungers had a sticky residue and it was a known problem.

I didn't experience any problems around the ship and it didn't spoil our cruise. We were just wary about sitting in the balcony in our best clothes.

It definitely depends on where your balcony is located. We had a Family Balcony at the very end of the ship on deck seven. Last balcony on the port side. We didn't experience any soot issues at all and didn't see or experience anything on deck, either.

I think the lower decks are safer than the upper ones. Forward and mid-ship would be good options, too.

I had a favorite dress come home from a Celebrity cruise with soot spots. Does Oasis seem to have this issue? If so, any areas where it is more problematic? If looking, can you see it to avoid it?

The answers below are probably correct, but if your not hanging your dress outside I wouldn't think it would be a problem. When the ship is moving it gets sucked backwards pretty quickly.

Use caution if you are wearing nice clothes on the Sports Deck (mini golf, Flowriders, basketball court, Wipeout Bar, and surrounding area), the Boardwalk (outdoor seating Johnny Rockets, Sabor) or the AquaTheater. Usually soot is not a problem but there may be some on occasion. Just check before you sit on or lean against anything in those areas. Same goes for the balconies.

Just check before you sit on or lean against anything in those areas. Same goes for the balconies.

That is a great point I hadn't considered. I've seen that on balconies, but your areas are a good example.

The answers below are probably correct, but if your not hanging your dress outside I wouldn't think it would be a problem. When the ship is moving it gets sucked backwards pretty quickly.

My guess is I leaned against an aft railing during our after dinner walk. Think I most likely just need to pay attention before sitting in the Aqua theatre area.

• 1 year later...

We just got off the Allure of the Seas on Oct. 14th, 2018 and during the Aqua theatre show we got speckled with soot. I couldn't believe it. Not suppose to wash soot off fabric, so now face a dry cleaning bill. Seems there should be some kind of screen to prevent this.