Milford Sound area scenic cruising not on itinerary for Australia and New Zealand?

ann1bell

This has been discussed briefly before but I wanted to post again. Scenic cruising around Milford Sound, Doubtful Sound, etc. is not included on the 2018-19 Aus/NZ itinerary on the Spirit. This is often offered by other cruise lines. Any idea why Viking is not including this bucket list area?

This has been discussed briefly before but I wanted to post again. Scenic cruising around Milford Sound, Doubtful Sound, etc. is not included on the 2018-19 Aus/NZ itinerary on the Spirit. This is often offered by other cruise lines. Any idea why Viking is not including this bucket list area?

Absolutely no idea and I don't want to join in the speculation. Have you asked Viking directly? It was their decision. They should be given a chance to reply.

When SPIRIT does Bali to Auckland in December, 2018, will that be the first time Viking has been in that part of the world?

I'm booked on that cruise and have some questions about hotels and taxis in Denpassar, Bali, so hoping to be able to learn from some Viking folks with Bali experience.

we will be in that part of the world early 2018 on the SUN but starting in LA on the World Cruise.

Will be glad to help when we have been to Bali but will be on the ship so not much help with hotels!

When SPIRIT does Bali to Auckland in December, 2018, will that be the first time Viking has been in that part of the world?

I'm booked on that cruise and have some questions about hotels and taxis in Denpassar, Bali, so hoping to be able to learn from some Viking folks with Bali experience.

The World Cruise in early 2018 will be Viking's first visit that part of the world.

Thanks!! Confirms why I find no mention of prior visits there. Guess I can check other cruise lines that do start and finish legs in Bali to see if there's any info there about preferred hotels and taxi facts.

Thanks!! Confirms why I find no mention of prior visits there. Guess I can check other cruise lines that do start and finish legs in Bali to see if there's any info there about preferred hotels and taxi facts.

It might be faster to research the Ports of Call forum, it will save you the hassle of trying to figure out which cruise lines you have to consult and get you right to information about the ports, which is really what you want. The ports of call forums makes the location the center of the conversation, not the cruise line, and thus brings together everyone who has been there regardless of which line they have sailed on.

And don't forget Trip Advisor as a source of information.

P-651,

Thanks for that excellent advice. I wasn't aware of the Ports of Call board, but I did look at Tripadvisor for Bali and found a very good hotel right at the airport and also that the cruise port is a very short taxi ride from the hotel. We arrive at 12:30 AM and I have to believe we'll just want to crawl across the street to the hotel and crash until 9ish, grab a little breakfast, checkout at 11 and head to the ship.

Now headed to P-o-C board to investigate stops on the cruise and Auckland, at the end.

Thanks again for your help!!!!

P-651,

Thanks for that excellent advice. I wasn't aware of the Ports of Call board, but I did look at Tripadvisor for Bali and found a very good hotel right at the airport and also that the cruise port is a very short taxi ride from the hotel. We arrive at 12:30 AM and I have to believe we'll just want to crawl across the street to the hotel and crash until 9ish, grab a little breakfast, checkout at 11 and head to the ship.

Now headed to P-o-C board to investigate stops on the cruise and Auckland, at the end.

Thanks again for your help!!!!

Glad I could help.This place does not come with an instruction manual, so we all have to help one another. You have plenty of time now to plan your trip.