Animal Planet Exclusive - Bear Country and Wildlife Drive

KristyMisty14

Check the Alaska board. As I recall it was a drive to a dump with some high platforms. Most seemed to report few bears, if any. Try a floatplane excursion. Neets Bay is good and the river you see on TV is sometimes open (there are very few permits available for that one). Both are expensive due to the need to fly in.

Neets Bay is also available by boat, but my understanding is they don't land so you only see any bears that happen to be on the beach.

Also be aware that flightseeing is very weather dependent - we've had two cancelled out of four cruises.

• 2 weeks later...
Check the Alaska board. As I recall it was a drive to a dump with some high platforms. Most seemed to report few bears, if any. Try a floatplane excursion. Neets Bay is good and the river you see on TV is sometimes open (there are very few permits available for that one). Both are expensive due to the need to fly in.

Neets Bay is also available by boat, but my understanding is they don't land so you only see any bears that happen to be on the beach.

Also be aware that flightseeing is very weather dependent - we've had two cancelled out of four cruises.

Definitely not going to do the boat one. Just wondered if this was any good with the Animal Planet Exclusive Stamp on the tour

Definitely not going to do the boat one. Just wondered if this was any good with the Animal Planet Exclusive Stamp on the tour

The use of "Animal Planet" is just a marketing ploy. They actually have nothing to do with the excursion other than letting their name be used for a licensing fee.