Kids admission stop on Azura

Juia49

We were looking forward to our cruise on Azura this summer, but our travel agent just informed as that the cruise line has a "kids admission stop" and is now negotiating with the cruise line.

Has anyone ever heard of something like this? What are our chances that they will allow our children? They are also charging the same amount for my two kids under two as for adults - is that normal???

They have a limit on children for each of the four age groups in the kids club so once this limit is reached they will not take further bookings.

The fare for any person sharing a cabin above two is normally discounted whether children or adults

Brian

I take it this is a new booking? There is an absolute limit on children within each age group, and if P&O say the groups are full then they are full. They have to be fair to everybody and if they make a space for one family they would need to do it for everybody. Many families book really early for Summer to guarantee their child places.

The reason for the limitation on numbers is due to staffing levels in the clubs. Staff can only look after so many of each age group. However, you should have been told before booking. I wonder if the agent is at fault and P&O thought they were adults initially? That might explain the fares.

Yes, when you booked there was room for your children in the kids club.

Don't think that is right about your children paying full price if sharing a cabin with you. I would certainly query that with the travel agent, or do a dummy booking on the P&O website just to see how much you should be paying with a comparable cruise.

All children under the age of two at the date of travel are free although they do make a nominal charge. I think we paid around £150 for our grandson who was 12 months at the time (last year). We paid Select fare but I don't know if the same conditions apply for saver fares. Children under 2 have their own play area but you cannot leave them unsupervised ie you or your OH have to be with them at all times.

Also not sure why they would stop your children from using kids club as the under 2 play area isn't supervised by staff, you supervise your own child in a room separate from other older children.

You can still put a child in the night nursery and they would have to take account of that. Children under 2 have to be checked every 30 minutes or so as well so if there are already a few booked they may limit them too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can still put a child in the night nursery and they would have to take account of that. Children under 2 have to be checked every 30 minutes or so as well so if there are already a few booked they may limit them too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I forgot about the night nursery as our grandson wouldn't​ go to sleep so we couldn't leave him. As you say there aren't many beds probably around 6 if I recall so very limited.