Exactly what drinks are in the soda dispensers for the basic soda pkg? (Harmony)

I realize this is a really specific and slightly odd question.... but we're sailing on Saturday and we're online right now looking at drinks packages for the family. I have one kid who loves soda and one kid who loathes soda, but drinks gallons of non-carbonated drinks. I've been told by friends who are seasoned cruisers that we should still get the kid who hates soda a basic $8.50 soda package because if we don't the only way to get him non-carbonated drinks (like lemonade for example) is to pay for it (nope) or to walk to the buffet restaurants... BUT.... they're "sure" the soda dispenser machines have a non-carbonated option and that will make it easier to walk up to any place on board and get him a drink.

I know that at most restaurants there's a punch or lemonade option in the dispenser machines. And yes, I called RCI and the guy on the phone had no clue. I hate to spend $59.50 for a week of the basic soda package for him if he's not going to be able to get a single drink out of the dispenser machines bc it's all carbonated.

Any clues?

***Edite to add*** I called RCI again.... this time the rep said not to buy a soda package and just wait until we get on board and see what's in the machines. Can my kid order a glass of ice water on board? Maybe we can bring those individual little Crystal Light flavor packs or those flavored "squirt-in" packs and just add some flavor to ice water? I don't see cups of ice water as an option though. Anyone know?

Edited by fl-girl

I don't remember seeing any machines on Harmony. If you wanted a soda you went to the bar.

On the Harmony, the soda machines that work with the soda package cups are found on both sides of the Windjammer Buffet (1 each side), 2 machines by Sorrentos (the pizza restaurant) and 1 at the Mini-Bites restaurant. There may have been more, but those are the ones we frequented.

I don't remember seeing any machines on Harmony. If you wanted a soda you went to the bar.

And Crystal Light +free water seems like a great idea to me.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

On the Harmony, the soda machines that work with the soda package cups are found on both sides of the Windjammer Buffet (1 each side), 2 machines by Sorrentos (the pizza restaurant) and 1 at the Mini-Bites restaurant. There may have been more, but those are the ones we frequented.

Yes, there are several on the Harmony. :)

I realize this is a really specific and slightly odd question.... but we're sailing on Saturday and we're online right now looking at drinks packages for the family. I have one kid who loves soda and one kid who loathes soda, but drinks gallons of non-carbonated drinks. I've been told by friends who are seasoned cruisers that we should still get the kid who hates soda a basic $8.50 soda package because if we don't the only way to get him non-carbonated drinks (like lemonade for example) is to pay for it (nope) or to walk to the buffet restaurants... BUT.... they're "sure" the soda dispenser machines have a non-carbonated option and that will make it easier to walk up to any place on board and get him a drink.

I know that at most restaurants there's a punch or lemonade option in the dispenser machines. And yes, I called RCI and the guy on the phone had no clue. I hate to spend $59.50 for a week of the basic soda package for him if he's not going to be able to get a single drink out of the dispenser machines bc it's all carbonated.

Any clues?

***Edited to add*** I called RCI again.... this time the rep said not to buy a soda package and just wait until we get on board and see what's in the machines. Can my kid order a glass of ice water on board? Maybe we can bring those individual little Crystal Light flavor packs or those flavored "squirt-in" packs and just add some flavor to ice water? I don't see cups of ice water as an option though. Anyone know?

It's not a bad idea to wait until you are on board and then your children can see all of the options for themselves. The price will be the same, before or during your cruise.

There are lots of non-carbonated options, including water, flavored water and gatorade (or its equivalent).

Anyone can get a glass of water at any bar any time - no charge. ;)

There are self-serve dispensers of water in the Cafe Promenade/Sorrentos & the Park Cafe. The Windjammer has self-serve water, ice tea, lemonade, flavored waters.

Your non-carbonated child will find many "free" options, but if he wants the machine, he can find choices there, too.

:)

Bon Voyage - have a fabulous cruise.

A quick google search for rci freestyle machines came up with this: Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Caffeine-Free Diet Coke, Sprite, Sprite Zero, Fanta, Fanta Zero, Minute Maid Lemonade, Minute Maid Light, Dasani, Dasani Sensations, Powerade, Powerade Zero, Hi-C, Barq's, Diet Barq's and Seagram's Lemon Lime Seltzer.

bc3e1af1f5e4d97b9f7efb7b532c01c7.jpg

This is from Harmony when I was on in March. Lots of non carbonated options. I have a picture of the Dasani flavored water options. I will post it next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81e46c449ca74a3e11248e655f1519f3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting these pics, a great help!!! I will definitely reconsider purchasing it the next time it goes on sale. [emoji857]The sparkling and flavored water [emoji97] is much better than the free ice tea/ lemonade. IMHO [emoji12]

This thread made me realize I bought powerade and vitamin water in the ben and jerry's shop once for a hangover not realizing I had options other than soda out of the machines. (I already had the delux package). This is good info though as my son doesn't drink soda either and he'll like the selections out of the machines.

Keep in mind that the no cost drinks available include flavored sugar free waters, usually strawberry/kiwi and mango/peach. Between that, water, iced tea, lemonade and breakfast juices, the non-soda drinking kid may find enough to drink without buying the plan.

I always get the soda package but have started waiting to buy it until we are on the ship. Since we both get a package, we can pick two different cup designs so we don't get them mixed up throughout the week.

Might be a good idea for your kids as well so they have different looking cups! No fighting over who's is who's!

Also the soda packages have always been the same price onboard as online so I haven't had to worry about the in the past.

Keep in mind that it is necessary to carry the Coke cup around to be able to use the Freestyle machines with the non-carbonated options. Otherwise, you can only get soda from the gun in a bar with the soda package (using your SeaPass). I think the flavored water at the Windjammer is awesome. I've been known to take a couple glasses of it to the room for later. Or you could even bring a water bottle to fill up - just use a clean cup to fill it up.