Recs for Juneau whale watching and/or glaciers (by helicopter or by floatplane)?

mechaiah

Hello,

Our ship is in Juneau from 1 pm to 10 pm on June 26 and I'm trying to find a company that does whale watching and a company that does glaciers via helicopters or glaciers via float planes. Though I would love one excursion that does both things, my research has shown me that isn't possible so I'm now trying to do 2 separate excursions.

I would be grateful for any recommendations! Thank you so much.

You should check on the destination threads and Trip Advisor for recommendations and reviews. We took a float plane to Misty Fiords in Ketchikan. We took a helicopter to a glacier in Girdwood (North of Seward) to visit the Seavey sled dogs in training. Both were tremendous experiences!

Hello,

Our ship is in Juneau from 1 pm to 10 pm on June 26 and I'm trying to find a company that does whale watching and a company that does glaciers via helicopters or glaciers via float planes. Though I would love one excursion that does both things, my research has shown me that isn't possible so I'm now trying to do 2 separate excursions.

We have used the HAL excursions for both and were very happy with them. I am not sure that you save that much by doing your own thing in Alaska, so check out pricing carefully.

Hello,

Coastal Helicopters, which has flights that land on a glacier, works with a whale watching company to do both. The beauty of this plan is you don't have to go all the way back to the ship to catch the second excursion. They are both North of town and one shuttle will take you to both.

I also prefer Coastal because they land away from other helicopters so your group will feel like the only one there. The other companies have glacier "base camps" that shuttle people on and off the same spot.

Hello,

...... Juneau ...... whale watching .

We enjoyed our whale watching with Captain Larry at Orca Enterprises. Saw lots and lots of whales.

Because we didn't have to go far out of Juneau there was time for us to explore the town after the excursion.

You'll find out more about them by googling :)

We enjoyed our whale watching with Captain Larry at Orca Enterprises. Saw lots and lots of whales.

Because we didn't have to go far out of Juneau there was time for us to explore the town after the excursion.

You'll find out more about them by googling :)

Orca was great! They are the ones that work with Coastal to provide both experiences. Orca has been bought out by another company so I am not sure if there are keeping the name or not.

We have used Harv and Marv's for whale watching in Juneau. They use small boats so that you have a "water level" point of view. There is plenty of room for everyone to get a good vantage point. They really took care of everyone. Best whale watching trip we have taken in Alaska.

HAL's "Whales and Glacier Photo Safari" is also very good. Smaller boat with windows that fold up into the cabin so you are able to take photos.

Orca was great! They are the ones that work with Coastal to provide both experiences. Orca has been bought out by another company so I am not sure if there are keeping the name or not.

Thanks for the tip ... I copied the following from the Orca Facebook page :

Orca Enterprises as of 2016 has been purchased and operated by Dolphin Jet Tours. All inquiries should be directed to them. We thank all our faithful clients for your continued patronage. On behalf of myself and the Orca Enterprises/Dolphin Jet Boat crew, we hope all future guests enjoy your time in Juneau.

Thanks for the tip ... I copied the following from the Orca Facebook page :

Orca Enterprises as of 2016 has been purchased and operated by Dolphin Jet Tours. All inquiries should be directed to them. We thank all our faithful clients for your continued patronage. On behalf of myself and the Orca Enterprises/Dolphin Jet Boat crew, we hope all future guests enjoy your time in Juneau.

Thanks for looking that up. I had talked a few times to Coastal this Spring and couldn't recall the new whale watching companies name that Orca joined with. :)